Animal Crossing NL : Digital save restoration

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Lugiadri1, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Lugiadri1
    OP

Lugiadri1 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2016
    France
    Mustard City / Dukes of Brittany City
    Hi guys! I don't find any thread about that so I open a new one.

Here is my problem : A year ago, my SD has corrupted my save of Animal Crossing New Leaf. Fortunatly, I have a recent clean backup of the save file on my computer. But as you probably know it's impossible to replace a save by an older one... The recent update of the game hype me and I really want play this game again without lost forever my hundreds hours of play... :/

So my question is simple, there a way to restore my save with my backup save? Considering that I probably can't do anything to hack my 3DS to use a homebrew...
    Here is my specs :
    -PAL regular 3DS XL with the lastest update (11.2.0-35E)
    -16GB SD card with 2.78GB available

Thanks for your answers and your help!

Last edited by Lugiadri1, Nov 6, 2016
  2. marc_max

marc_max GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 19, 2008
    Is your backup decrypted?
    If it's decrypted, just use svdt to inject it and it will do the NAND value replacement for you (so it will work even if it's an old copy).

If it's not decrypted, there is still a small ray of hope... but only if your console didn't change the keys (did you made a console transfer or formatted it?).
    If your console didn't change the keys, you can copy the savegame into the SD. Then extract it with svdt (without loading the game!) to get the decrypted files.
    Then start a new game so it creates a new NAND value, save and restore the savegame with sdt and it will work :-)

3. Lugiadri1
    OP

Lugiadri1 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2016
    France
    Mustard City / Dukes of Brittany City
    Thanks for your reply!

No it isn't decrypted :/

Since the corruption I didn't touched anything (no transfert, no format). But svdt can work even on a non-hacked 3DS and on 11.2.0-35E?