Animal Crossing NL and CFW/GW Question

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Skeet1983, May 6, 2015.

1. Skeet1983
    OP

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    I have a N3DS with both GW and CFW. I am wondering if I can take my retail Animal Crossing NL save and import it to my GW backup rom? Help/thoughts appreciated :)

2. prototech

prototech GBAtemp Fan

Jan 3, 2015
    United States
    Do you have Cubic Ninja? Using NTR with the save game plugin is your best bet. That plugin will backup your save into a format that SaveDataFiler can read, in which you can them import the save to your cia or 3ds file.

3. Skeet1983
    OP

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    I have CN yes, but what about the different save encryptions? I thought only certain saves would work with gw...

4. prototech

prototech GBAtemp Fan

Jan 3, 2015
    United States
    Actually, the issue is that Gateways launcher can't handle backing up and restoring the save, which is why you use NTR and SDF.

5. diffikolt

diffikolt Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2009
    United States
    If you use Gateway to backup your retail NL the save backs up as it is part of the rom. Just do that.

6. Skeet1983
    OP

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    I was able to transfer my retail ACNL save to GW, but when I start game each time it gives me message saying I quit without saving; yet I really did save as when I loaded save it was where I left it... Is this normal to happen with ACNL and GW?