Animal Crossing New Leaf Saves [All Villagers/Items]

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by MattKimura, Dec 4, 2014.

1. MattKimura
    OP

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    Edit: Dead thread, with dead links. The saves became irrelevant ever since the update. Plus the links died on their own. It was fun while it lasted.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the Animal Crossing New Leaf saves thread, where we all work together to provide save files that everyone can use. You'll get access to all villagers and be able to give them to others freely. It's a good feeling~
    What people mostly look for are villagers, flowers, and bells.

This thread was originally started by me, but troa11 was kind enough to collect every villager for us in his town. So a big thanks to him!

These saves are easy to import using JK Save Manager, and anyone can use them. This is for CFW uses only, not Homebrew Launcher users.

Q&A

Q: What are these saves for?
    A: These are intended for you to help others, to have everything in your disposal and ready to become the king of ACNL. People treat villagers like shiny Pokemon! So they'd appreciate your help.

Q: Can I use these saves to help myself?
    A: Nope, not unless you have a separate 3DS with you. You can also have another CFW user help you out.

Q: Will I lose my own save file?
    A: YES, you MUST backup your own save before loading one of these saves. Or else you will completely lose your save file forever. Once you back it up, you can always return to your save anytime. I won't be held responsible if you forget to backup your save before using these saves.

Q: Does it work with my version of the game?
    A: Yes it works for the cartridge, digital version, and even the cia version. It should also work for Gateway and possibly Sky3DS if you choose cartridge in JK Save Manager.

Q: How'd you get ahold of all these popular villagers:
    A: troa11 cycled his town until he was able to box every villager. That must have taken forever! Or he used a save editor to box each villager then backup the save. Either way, he's done major work to get all of them!

Q: Isn't it cheating to give out villagers whenever you want?
    A: Not really, villagers are randomly generated and don't help you in any way. They're just there for looks. They always move out eventually. Nobody knows you're doing it, so you'll just end up making someone REALLY happy for a free popular villager.

Q: Would I become popular on AC forums now, can I be a known hero?
    A: No you can't openly give out villagers like this on AC forums. They don't tolerate any form of cheating/hacking. You will be banned for it if you make a thread/post about it. But you're safe to PM users and play it safe. Or post a thread that isn't obvious of what you're doing behind the scenes.

Villager Saves

Download

File size: 4 MB
    Un-packed size: About 250 MB

A HUGE thanks to troa11 for collecting all 333 villagers and uploading them for us! Though only about 96 are converted to JK Save Manager format, the rest are still in SaveDataFiler format, which you can get here . You must have an understanding of how SaveDataFiler works though.

Special Item Town Saves

Download

Something I created myself. These are towns full of rare items, bells, weed, clothes, furniture sets, etc. Each town holds specific items that you can freely give out to any visitor. All items are laid out throughout the town. Let the visitor raid for anything they please, as the save can easily be reloaded. Check the "List of Special Item Town Saves" below to understand what each save holds.

Flowers Town

Download

A town full of hybrid flowers placed throughout the town, free to take whenever someone is in need of flowers. Flowers are just as popular as villagers~

All Villager portraits Save

Download

Special thanks to @orochi115
    Contains all the villager portaits laid out throughout the town

All fossils save

Download

Special thanks to @Zyfie
    Contains all fossils, laid out throughout the town
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

List of villager move dates

Shows a list of what each villager's move date is.
    Another big thanks to troa11 for creating this entire spreadsheet!
    Helpful if you loaded up a save, and suddenly forgot the move date.

List of Special Town Saves

Warning: Spoilers inside!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to use:

1. Download JK Save Manager

1. Extract the JKSV folder from the zip to the root of your SD card, merge if one exists.

2. Install JK Save Manager then load it up. Go to "SD/Cia", choose Animal Crossing New Leaf, import save, then choose the save you want. Remember the date shown on the save!

3. Press B until you exit JK Save manager completely

4. Load up the game, then change the date and time in-game before loading the town. Set it to the date that was displayed on the save. Be sure you change the time anywhere between 1 PM to 5 PM, boxed villagers will be gone by 6 PM.

5. Add your friend's Friend Code and have them visit, to take anything they want

Here's some maps I created for my special item towns:

Warning: Spoilers inside!

How you can contribute

There's still 236 villagers that aren't converted to JK Save Manager format. All the popular villagers have already been converted so the rest are just basic villagers.
    To convert the saves, all it takes is simply renaming the folders.

1. Download the rest of the saves which are still in SaveDataFiler format: HERE
    2. Look on the spreadsheet HERE
    3. Look at the folder name, example: 20159423118374
    4. Find that folder title within the list of saves
    5. Go into the folder until you see a folder named 08300 or something like that
    6. Rename this folder to whatever villager it is based on it's move date on the spreadsheet, example: Rooney 3-2-2017
    7. It's ready to be cut and pasted into: JKSV/Saves/Animal Crossing/
    8. Upload the saves you converted and share them here

Last edited by MattKimura, Jan 3, 2017
    Onzy, veenx0704, akira123 and 16 others like this.

2. TidusWulf

TidusWulf Real Aloha

Jul 27, 2007
    United States
    Hawaii
    Dibs on Bob. New Leaf is the only AC game in which I do not have Bob. Someone please PM me if you would be so kind as to help move him into my village.

Hoppy likes this.
  3. x06xp

x06xp Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2013
    Canada
    This is badass! has everything i need and wanted in animal crossing and the pictures really help too. Thanks for sharing!

Edit: nvm lol just found the pastebin, and wow this is just epic.

4. Asia81

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    Albi
    MattKimura from 3Ds ISo site ?
    Thanks for this save :)

MattKimura likes this.
  5. h448

h448 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 4, 2014
    Canada
    This must have taken absolutely forever. Great job! I can't wait to help my friends get all the villagers they wanted. :lol:

6. tjexp

tjexp Happy New Year!

May 20, 2012
    England
    This is amazing! :D

7. AlexaC

AlexaC Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2014
    Malaysia
    A noob here... This can only be use for Gateway, and not the actual cartridge.. right?

8. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Q: Isn't it cheating to give out villagers whenever you want?
    A: Not really, villagers are randomly generated and don't help you in any way. They're just there for looks. They always move out eventually.

Q: Would I become popular on AC forums now, can I be a known hero?
    A: No you can't openly give out villagers like this on AC forums. They don't tolerate any form of cheating/hacking. You will be banned for it if you make a thread/post about it. But you're safe to PM users and play it safe.

Glaring contradiction there. :P
    IMO it's still cheating, whether beneficial or not.

9. tjexp

tjexp Happy New Year!

May 20, 2012
    England
    I suppose so because you need savedatafiler
    You could always get someone with a Gateway to help you transfer villagers/items to a real cartridge

10. AlexaC

AlexaC Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2014
    Malaysia

An open invitation to anyone who willingly to help me since i don't have a Gateway :rolleyes:

11. tjexp

tjexp Happy New Year!

May 20, 2012
    England
    How do you get isabelle to let you time travel?

12. MattKimura
    OP

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    It has! I didn't keep track of time, but I was a freak back when I made all of this. I have no idea how I put myself through collecting all these villagers. The items I already had from when I played the game normally. Nobody has discovered any hex editing for items yet, so this will help in the meantime.

LOL I wrote all of this when I was sick, and I took Nyquil so I was drowzy. I just never considered free villagers a BAD type of cheat, that helps you in the game. It's like shiny pokemon, it doesn't edit it's stats. But yeah it's still cheating xD

When you load a character, Isabelle will talk to you. Choose the bottom option for other settings. Then choose change date and time, this is considered time traveling. The boxed villagers are only boxed on a specific date so you'll have to load the right date before you can load up the town.
    I'm gonna add more touches to the thread, It was late when I wrote it.

Edit: A boxed villager means that the villager has boxes in it's house and ready to be adopted by anyone who has space.

13. tjexp

tjexp Happy New Year!

May 20, 2012
    England
    Thanks man :D I'll give it a go, I want that Lucky villager

Edit: he doesn't seem to be appear in the save you mentioned in pastebin and time travel didn't bring him

Edit2: I can confirm this works! Just re-injected save and went straight to changing date and got myself Lucky :D

14. simonhwsn

simonhwsn Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2011
    United States
    I've tried to load these saves but i get the following error:

Level: -7
    Summary: 4
    Module: 17
    Desc: 561

I'm using the american version of ACNL in 3dz format

15. tjexp

tjexp Happy New Year!

May 20, 2012
    England
    They worked fine here, are you sure you are importing the file to ctr-card?

16. x06xp

x06xp Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2013
    Canada
    you sure you got US Rom cause i got the same error as that but then i downloaded a fresh US copy of animal crossing rom and it worked.

17. simonhwsn

simonhwsn Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2011
    United States
    I guess you're right x06xp, I had to dump my own cartridge to make it work, but now I can't get the villagers I want, I TT changing the console's date but even that way there's always 8 villagers and none in boxes, I tried with felicity and marshall with the same results.

18. troa11

troa11 Older Than You

Apr 11, 2006
    United States
    Just want to add; with savedatafiler, .3ds or cia install it shouldn't make a difference, just needs to be the USA dump I suppose. At any rate I was just able to give Tangy to my wife using a .3ds rom. So thanks for that Matt, would you be interested in donations? I have a save file with Dizzy set to move soon that could be added to the collection.

MattKimura and tjexp like this.
  19. tjexp

tjexp Happy New Year!

May 20, 2012
    England
    Extract it with savedatafiler! :D

The first time I tried it, it didn't work for me. So I re-imported the save a 2nd time which got it to work

MattKimura likes this.
  20. troa11

troa11 Older Than You

Apr 11, 2006
    United States

Oh, it's extracted and ready to go, just needs to be added to the pile.

tjexp and MattKimura like this.