Animal Crossing New Leaf - Online with Gateway?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Carrie, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Carrie
    OP

Carrie Member

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2011
    I recently purchased a legit copy of the game Animal Crossing New Leaf. Many features and fun come from online interaction with other players... With Gateway it's complicated because you are required to update your firmware to play online and that is a big no-no.

I've been wondering, will it work if I create a backup of my own game and use it with emuNAND to play online? Is there anyone doing this?

2. NicEXE

NicEXE GBAtemp Fan

Dec 6, 2009
    Cyprus
    you can play any cartridge you want on classic mode instead of gateway mode (but you can also dump your ROM and your save to SD. Remember to rename your dump with a 3dz extension)

3. Carrie
    OP

Carrie Member

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2011
    Thanks! That's precisely what I need to know. Won't it require a firmware update though? To play online relatively safely, that is.

4. NicEXE

NicEXE GBAtemp Fan

Dec 6, 2009
    Cyprus
    What is your emuNAND version? Animal Crossing will need 4.5 at max. If you get an update notification (while in emuNAND classic) when you try to launch Animal Crossing, just proceed with the update (and hope its not 7.2).
    Even if you update your emuNAND to 7.2 the only downside is that you cannot launch the settings.