ROM Hack Animal crossing: New Leaf - all .bcres files

PastelCandyChib

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need to know where all the .bcres files are, especially Chrissy who i am using as a base for a villager. I desperately want to make a custom villager and i need a tutorial, no tutorials i hve looked at work anymore, as some things no longer exist. - Mayor Candy

Reactions: NickNN

NickNN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need to know where all the .bcres files are, especially Chrissy who i am using as a base for a villager. I desperately want to make a custom villager and i need a tutorial, no tutorials i hve looked at work anymore, as some things no longer exist. - Mayor Candy
All of the villager models should be in romfs\Npc\(Either Normal or Special depending on who you'd like to replace)\Model

(Chrissy should be in the "Normal" folder, and named "rbt13.bcres")

As for replacing the textures, I've seen people use Ohana3ds (Original), Although for some reason it doesn't seem to work for me.
So I use Kukkii for replacing the textures.

If you'd like to modify the model itself, the only option that I know of is CGFXConverter. it does have some limitations, but it's the only bcres model editor that I can find that works.
(example of bob with no legs as a test)

I hope that answers your question!

Oh and also, the Textures for the villagers are oddly transparent in some areas.
I'm not 100% sure why they are, but as far as I'm aware,
Texture edits don't need to have the weird transparency.

Last edited by NickNN,

PastelCandyChib

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All of the villager models should be in romfs\Npc\(Either Normal or Special depending on who you'd like to replace)\Model

(Chrissy should be in the "Normal" folder, and named "rbt13.bcres")

As for replacing the textures, I've seen people use Ohana3ds (Original), Although for some reason it doesn't seem to work for me.
So I use Kukki for replacing the textures.

If you'd like to modify the model itself, the only option that I know of is CGFXConverter. it does have some limitations, but it's the only bcres model editor that I can find that works.
(example of bob with no legs as a test)

I hope that answers your question!

Oh and also, the Textures for the villagers are oddly transparent in some areas.
I'm not 100% sure why they are, but as far as I'm aware,
Texture edits don't need to have the weird transparency.
where is the romfs folder? the only one i have only has benjamin in it

PastelCandyChib

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: i figured it out! thank you!

Reactions: NickNN

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all