1. SammyNogard

OP SammyNogard Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    Can someone clarify the consequences of time travelling for me?

If I go forward in time to have a building completed and harvest some stuff, then I go back in time, is the building still complete and the stuff I harvested still in my bag or does it erase those things?

Also, if I time travel does that negatively affect anything?

Thanks so much, and sorry if it's a dumb question, I'm new to AC and obv won't be going online.

2. Rikukey2

Rikukey2 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yes everything remains the same. Only thing is you ca t access the holiday items. But you can travel to earn lots of materials. New recipes and money

3. Valdrrak

Valdrrak Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Just curious as this is my first AC game. If I time travel alot to get a bunch of stuff unlocked and a bunch of bells etc can I then go back to normal time with all the acquired stuff then play normal? like will trees still regrow (on the same days) if I have already timetraveled forward and then backwards?

4. Starliight

Starliight Newbie
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    yes

5. ShadyGame

ShadyGame GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    me personally, wont time travel, that defeats the purpose of the game for me, would stop playing it in a couple of days....

D8na and Alessandro98 like this.
  6. ehnoah

ehnoah GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    While I am tempted to Time-Travel I not done it yet, I am also a new AC Player and I feel there is no need for TIme-Travel since you have so much to do, I play ~ 10 hours a day and barely finish my credits etc. bascially non-stop fishing :D

7. Kupie

Kupie GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Going back in time will for sure affect your Turnips. They spoil right away if the game detects your date going backwards.

8. KingMuk

KingMuk GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Can someone go into greater detail on how exactly you gain "lots of materials. New recipes and money" from time traveling?
    And is it worth it in the long run?

9. SammyNogard

OP SammyNogard Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    Thank you for the replies. As I understand it now, I can time travel forwards to rush respawns and buildings etc, and if I time travel backwards I keep all my progress including buildings and items.

At this point I'm wondering what the point in time travelling backwards is?

10. Toady231

Toady231 Intellectual saviour of the masses

United Kingdom
    So the In game time matches with real world time to partake in seasonal events.

11. 3DSPoet

3DSPoet GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I haven't time-traveled. I have a modded, CFW Switch, so there's no need..if I want to cheat, I can just cheat outright. :P

From what I've read, though, there's really no punishment or negative side-effects aside from the already mentioned turnips issue.

I remember back in the day, though, before weeds had value....if you time-traveled, you ENTIRE ISLAND would be FILLED with weeds! :D

12. ozling

ozling GBAtemp Regular

Only 2 in game consequence for time travelling - cockroaches in your house (from being abandoned) and lots of notices on the bulletin board.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Clarification, Travelling, Horizons