ROM Hack Discussion Animal Crossing: New Horizons -- Reverse Engineering, Glitches, Bugs, etc. thread!

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is ther a guide on how to remove inclines and bridges using the nhse editor or my acnh ?? im not sure how to go about this isue

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My wife updated her AC:NH xci game to 1.4.1 using the standard SX OS built in installer, and after this, opening the game says that her save data was corrupted. Opening her save data in save editors however seems to show no errors whatsoever. This is the order of things that happened and how we approached the situation.
  • XCI is updated to 1.4.1, game says save data is corrupted and we have to delete and start over.
  • NSZ version of the game is installed, same results.
  • Save data is extracted, then injected back, still corrupted.
  • Save data is extracted, the amount of bells is modified, now we can't open the game as it shows as corrupted in the Switch menu.
  • NSZ is re installed, now the game can be opened but it still says our save data is corrupted.
My wife has hours and hours of game that might be lost and I want to find a solution. Any idea of what can be done?
Get the earliest version of the save, before you did as much of this as possible. Import that (with JKSV) and see if the NSZ will load it then. If not, load the save up in NHSE, save it, and import that. These are my best guesses as someone who doesn't do any editing. If that doesn't work, post back again, and someone more familiar than I will offer advice.

Xjackio

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
My wife updated her AC:NH xci game to 1.4.1 using the standard SX OS built in installer, and after this, opening the game says that her save data was corrupted. Opening her save data in save editors however seems to show no errors whatsoever. This is the order of things that happened and how we approached the situation.
  • XCI is updated to 1.4.1, game says save data is corrupted and we have to delete and start over.
  • Save data is extracted, the amount of bells is modified, now we can't open the game as it shows as corrupted in the Switch menu.
  • NSZ is re installed, now the game can be opened but it still says our save data is corrupted.
My wife has hours and hours of game that might be lost and I want to find a solution. Any idea of what can be done?
Imo first save the map, start a new game and play until u can start officially and save, backup the data and inject the map, then use nhse to unlock every piece of furniture, diy and so on, millions of bells and miles, then inject save
If u cant mod it, start a new game, back it up and upload it here, i can mod it for you

Last edited by Xjackio,

Elsen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For reference:

Incline Marker Kit

Bridge Marker Kit

I would try both of those and report back.

I don't know how, but somehow it worked?!
First the donation of 0 bells appeard, after testing all bridges some of the one I couldn't donate appeared and some other were buggy and I couldn't talk to them. In the end I skipped day after day to see if it does something and after 3 skips all constructions were build.
@Wolfling
I apologise for my rudeness of thinking it wouldn't work, please test cheats like this more.

fasb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
hi everyone, i searched this thread, but didn't found anything.

how do i get rid of all rocks and beaches?

Exegency

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
redownload the game. try again. mine is not from an installer but the eshop. apparently the problem was my SD card. so i redownloaded the game to system memory, opened the save in NHSE and resaved it. restored with JKSV. save worked just fine upon reopening.

tbrswt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm making a giveaway town. I'll post the item dump here when i'm done.

Here's what will be in it:

All DIYs*
Harvs Items
All wrapped bugs*
All wrapped fish*
All wrapped sea creatures*
All fossils*
All art*
Bridges & inclines kits
All Villager Photos
Gulliver & Gullivarr Items
All Bug & Fish Models
All DAL Items
Royal Crowns*
NMT*
All Materials
Already Crafted Seasonal Items
New 1.4 Update Items
* Done

Hi
Is it complete?
Did you share anywhere @Wolfling ?

catlady77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im starting my game over

i tried looking thru the thread but i cant find it

nhse: flag editing, i need:
  • unlock 40 pockets
  • unlock nook shopping app
  • unlock best friends app
  • unlock terraforming

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Wolfling if you release your treasure island, sellers are just gonna profit of your map. thats why i dont share my maps.

Xjackio

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
im starting my game over

i tried looking thru the thread but i cant find it

nhse: flag editing, i need:
  • unlock 40 pockets
  • unlock nook shopping app
  • unlock best friends app
  • unlock terraforming

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Wolfling if you release your treasure island, sellers are just gonna profit of your map. thats why i dont share my maps.
There is already many ppl with islands of this kind, i have alredy seen this kind of stuff on fb

dangopig

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Democratic Republic of the
I'm making a giveaway town. I'll post the item dump here when i'm done.

Here's what will be in it:

All DIYs*
Harvs Items
All wrapped bugs*
All wrapped fish*
All wrapped sea creatures*
All fossils*
All art*
Bridges & inclines kits
All Villager Photos
Gulliver & Gullivarr Items
All Bug & Fish Models
All DAL Items
Royal Crowns*
NMT*
All Materials
Already Crafted Seasonal Items
New 1.4 Update Items
* Done

I'd be wary of sharing as people will just sell it.

AldathLeCarde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
redownload the game. try again. mine is not from an installer but the eshop. apparently the problem was my SD card. so i redownloaded the game to system memory, opened the save in NHSE and resaved it. restored with JKSV. save worked just fine upon reopening.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, we already tried the following:
  • Formatting the SD Card (FAT 32), reinstalled the NSZ game, injected with JSKV. Save Data still shows as corrupted.
  • Loaded the game in NHSE, saved it, reinjected it with JSKV. Data still shows as corrupted.
We still don't know what caused the corruption, we didn't attempted to modify save data prior to this, she just got the 1.4.1 update, installed as normal and... poof, save data corrupted...

Xjackio

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks for the suggestions guys, we already tried the following:
  • Formatting the SD Card (FAT 32), reinstalled the NSZ game, injected with JSKV. Save Data still shows as corrupted.
  • Loaded the game in NHSE, saved it, reinjected it with JSKV. Data still shows as corrupted.
We still don't know what caused the corruption, we didn't attempted to modify save data prior to this, she just got the 1.4.1 update, installed as normal and... poof, save data corrupted...
Just extract the map, start a new game, and inject the map

AldathLeCarde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just extract the map, start a new game, and inject the map
Would try that, but my wife tried just using a diferent .xci and everything works fine :) Thanks for the help, I hope this info ends up helping other people too, wife did most of the work so I was just sharing what she ended up doing XD

laraklara

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hey guys...

i try to download the new NHSE Save Editor but i dont find the .exe for windows....where can i download it?

thanks for help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all