ROM Hack Discussion Animal Crossing: New Horizons -- Reverse Engineering, Glitches, Bugs, etc. thread!

belliq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone have item ID's for any of the placed items on Harvey's island or HHP island? On Harvey's island there are colorful pinwheel stakes in the ground for example, on HHP island there's wooden stakes sticking out of the water, etc. Items like these.

If no one has them, does anyone know how to search for them yourself? Besides testing random item ID's one by one in either acnhms or poker.
They may show up only as model data that's placed onto the map co-ordinates, therefore you can't get them naturally. However I edited the ones you mentioned into items for you! just add the files to mods\contents\01006f800232600\ModelReplacements\romfs\Model and then spawn the item that was replaced (arowana model 08CA & sweetfish model 08BD). Unfortunately they only show up locally.

I didn't know exactly how you wanted the sticks (placing an item's origin point underwater changes its height, pictured is origin ground level) so I just did them exactly how they are but I can change the height or make the three groupings separate items. Or if there are any other models you'd like feel free to ask.

Attachments

• capture_2022-04-11_12-06-20.png
    capture_2022-04-11_12-06-20.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 119
  • models.rar
    549.7 KB · Views: 85
Last edited by belliq,

seany1990

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys, I have an atmosphere switch, my mum has a normal switch with a legal game.
She wants an injected item from me, can I not drop trade an item when doing local multiplayer (LAN)?

Xjackio

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey guys, I have an atmosphere switch, my mum has a normal switch with a legal game.
She wants an injected item from me, can I not drop trade an item when doing local multiplayer (LAN)?
Yeah, using codes you can fill your inventory or just fill your island and let he pick up

astrophilia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They may show up only as model data that's placed onto the map co-ordinates, therefore you can't get them naturally. However I edited the ones you mentioned into items for you! just add the files to mods\contents\01006f800232600\ModelReplacements\romfs\Model and then spawn the item that was replaced (arowana model 08CA & sweetfish model 08BD). Unfortunately they only show up locally.

I didn't know exactly how you wanted the sticks (placing an item's origin point underwater changes its height, pictured is origin ground level) so I just did them exactly how they are but I can change the height or make the three groupings separate items. Or if there are any other models you'd like feel free to ask.
This is perfect tysm for taking the time to do that!!

trooper148

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi my game is freezing after meeting first time lottie in airport every time. After dialogue with her she is going somewhere and never comes back and im waiting literally hours for her in airport but nothing happens.Im on latest update 2.0.5 and i tried uninstalling several times but no luck.Dlc also installed.Is anyone knows the solution.

urbanxx001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, thanks man. That's a lot more clear.
I didn't realize V1 meant visitor and that clarifies a lot.

I'm following Paleh's advanced genetics doc for accurate genome for each flower. Is it possible to add, for example, purple mums plants into my storage and stack them (up to 10 or something?). I want to have all the plants set up in my storage so I can access them all when I boot into the game rather than painstakingly going back and forth between the editor and the game.

In any case, thanks for clarifying before, super appreciated.

For anyone who is looking for accurate genomes of each plant:

Lilies
Lilies make use of 3 genes: R, Y, and S.

Seed red = RR-yy-Ss
Seed yellow = rr-YY-ss
Seed white = rr-yy-SS

Red + yellow: orange = Rr-Yy-ss (50%)
Red + red: black = RR-yy-ss (25%)
Red + red: pink = RR-yy-SS (25%)
Red + white: pink = Rr-yy-Ss (50%)

Mystery island orange = RR-YY-Ss
Mystery island pink = RR-Yy-SS
Mystery island black = RR-Yy-ss
You just copy pasted the what was in the document. It would have probably been better to just leave the link for it. I'll leave it here. Also, you forgot to mention rose genetics, which the guide does.

Edit: Unfortunately it appears that guide is now defunct since the updates have changed genetics.

Last edited by urbanxx001,

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys, I am about 10 hrs into ACNH and realised I am the 2nd user (my son is primary and does not play anymore). So I had to use his account to unlock Blathers and get the axe.

Any hack to make me primary? Or maybe start again, restore my save, or other options?

Thanks!

Last edited by 877,

Xjackio

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey guys, I am about 10 hrs into AKNH and realised I am the 2nd user (my son is primary and does not play anymore). So I had to use his account to unlock Blathers and get the axe.

Any hack to make me primary? Or maybe start again, restore my save, or other options?

Thanks!
If you are starting, delete the game progress and start again with your account first

urbanxx001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I am about 10 hrs into AKNH and realised I am the 2nd user (my son is primary and does not play anymore). So I had to use his account to unlock Blathers and get the axe.

Thanks!
If you mean you want to be the Resident Representative instead of your son, you may be able to change this with NHSE. In that program, under Edit Player > Edit Misc > Profile there's a checkbox for Made Village, which is tied to the initial player. I've not tested this so there's no guarantee it'll work, and I'd recommend backing up your save first. Otherwise starting over is easier.

Reactions: 877

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you mean you want to be the Resident Representative instead of your son, you may be able to change this with NHSE. In that program, under Edit Player > Edit Misc > Profile there's a checkbox for Made Village, which is tied to the initial player. I've not tested this so there's no guarantee it'll work, and I'd recommend backing up your save first. Otherwise starting over is easier.

Thanks, I see the option and tried it, however I get corrupted save game data in ACNH. So I selected delete save game data.

Then copied my old save into JKSV folder, restored, but when launching ACNH it just sets me up as per first run of game. No big deal, but prob something I am doing wrong..

Maybe I need to first run though setup of ACNH, save the game, then restore from JKSV?

Last edited by 877,

Xjackio

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks, I see the option and tried it, however I get corrupted save game data in ACNH. So I selected delete save game data.

Then copied my old save into JKSV folder, restored, but when launching ACNH it just sets me up as per first run of game. No big deal, but prob something I am doing wrong..

Maybe I need to first run though setup of ACNH, save the game, then restore from JKSV?
If you want the same island, just dump the island files on map editor, start a new game, backup with jksv, inject old island files and restore

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you want the same island, just dump the island files on map editor, start a new game, backup with jksv, inject old island files and restore
Thank you. I’m not sure how to dump island files with map editor, I will have a look for that option.

When you say ‘inject old island files’, you mean restore old save with jksv?

Xjackio

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thank you. I’m not sure how to dump island files with map editor, I will have a look for that option.

When you say ‘inject old island files’, you mean restore old save with jksv?
On nhse there is a map editor, there is an option to dump/import, so u need to dump the map, start a new game and inject map files, that way you keep your current save, but your map will change to the old one

Nuk-Schnuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there,
are there any possibilities to give fish and bugs to other people (on other islands) with the latest update?
I tried to make hacked trees holding fish, which got patched. Then I used the save editor to wrap all of the fish in my inventory, but they all turned into branches. Is there a cheat which lets you place any furniture on the floor on other islands? This could do the trick.

GoodDayDema

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NHSE is not responding after trying to save i havent come across this issue until 2 hours ago when after i saved my changes i accidently overwrited the hacked save with my current un hacked version of that save point when i tried to add the stuff back in after i saved the file the entire application stopped responding

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there,
are there any possibilities to give fish and bugs to other people (on other islands) with the latest update?
I tried to make hacked trees holding fish, which got patched. Then I used the save editor to wrap all of the fish in my inventory, but they all turned into branches. Is there a cheat which lets you place any furniture on the floor on other islands? This could do the trick.
Unless highly incompetent people are doing the game code I would be very surprised they can screw this up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: