1. Drachenlibelle

Newcomer

Germany
    Found the guide for HacDiskMount but naaah like you said too much effort. I also watched a guide from a guy named "
    ModzvilleUSA!" about going online without getting banned but he did it in CFW Sysnand. Is there a huge "risk difference" and i guess you also cant install sys modules like on CFW Emummc connecting your Switch via Wifi with Pkhex running Incognito, right?

2. ConyoK

ConyoK GBAtemp Regular

France
    You can, i think, i've never tried it tho.

I only go for the "lower risky thing" even if its still a risk.

As i said, here in this thread there was at least one user who stated going online with cfw on sysnand. But i wouldnt recommend it.

Extracting a save on sysnand is already a pretty risky shit tbh, i dont want to add too much risk to an already risky business...

But you can try it if you really want to ?
    If you look at this thread, we are much more using just cfw sys to extract/inject edited save than online cfw users ;)

3. Drachenlibelle

Newcomer

Germany
    Alright when im trying it i will using your way and not go online in cfw. Got a different question but maybe its the wrong section: I needed to update Atmosphere to the latest verion but im still on 9.1.0 with the Nintendo Firmware. Since i havent touched cfw sysnand yet can just boot my switch in Stock Sysnand and update the firmware there or is it only possible with ChoidujourNX?

4. ConyoK

ConyoK GBAtemp Regular

France
    You can update sysnand with choix if you dont wanna burn fuse, or just use the legit way.

For latest build of ACNH you need to update firmware, it doesnt work on low firmware ;)

5. Drachenlibelle

Newcomer

Germany
    Yeah i noticed that ACNH need a different firmware haha ^^. Sry for asking that much but im literally a noob. Only set it up a few months ago and never updated anything until now. What means "if you dont wanna burn fuse"?

6. ConyoK

ConyoK GBAtemp Regular

France
    Every update , a fuse is burnt on the switch, its a security to forbid downgrade.

I cant be too precise about, bc i dont care, i already had burnt too much fuse to downgrade :D

If you update via choix du jour you can block the burn fuse process that occurs everytime you update to a higher firmware.

I'd recommend updating sysnand in the legit way, then update emunand with choix ;)

7. Drachenlibelle

Newcomer

Germany
    Ah means if you update on the legit way and you forgot to check if your switch its able to run fuse you might cant load cfw again but if your serialnumber is fine it doesnt matter?

When i update my clean sysnand through the legit way, the cfw emummc part is still the old firmware? So you basically have no choice and need to update both separately

8. ConyoK

ConyoK GBAtemp Regular

France
    They both gets updated separately yes, for emunand you must use choix.

The fuse is just a system inside the switch, that burn little fuse every update, when the switch boot up in OFW (sysnand) it check the fuse, to check if the number of burned fuse match the current firmware you try to run, it is to prevent you from downgrading your sysnand.

If the switch detect a mismatch burn fused for the firmware you run, it bricked ;)

For emunand and CFW its different, it doesnt check fuse on boot, it boot anyway.

Last edited by ConyoK, Jul 4, 2020
  9. Drachenlibelle

Newcomer

Germany
    I think now i got it. So basically if you made a backup of your clean sysnand and want to restore that at a later point but the firmware does not match the ones on the backup its getting bricked.

Are there any issues any issues if you just update the emummc part but keep the sysnand firmware at the current version and boot sometimes into ofw?

10. ConyoK

ConyoK GBAtemp Regular

France

1) Yes , indeed

2) Absolutely no issue, you can keep sysnand in the firmware you want, same for the emunand, they totaly independant from each other ;)

11. Drachenlibelle

Newcomer

Germany
    Thanks man you rock!

ConyoK likes this.
  12. ConyoK

ConyoK GBAtemp Regular

France
    You welcome ;)

13. Jiburiru

Jiburiru Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Does that mean using CFW on Sysnand to backup, edit, and restore files for ACNH with the purple of going online is safe (not making any illegitimate edits)?

14. ConyoK

ConyoK GBAtemp Regular

France
    I'm doing this since release :)

15. theravingrabbid

theravingrabbid Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Any news on bans yet?

16. ConyoK

ConyoK GBAtemp Regular

France
    I'm still not ban here ;)

17. Red_ringo444

Red_ringo444 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Does anyone know if editing the acres through NHSE and going online would get a ban? I mean the acres with beach, rocks, pier etc. I want to change some but I’ll still make it a legit map.

There’s also different acres for the ocean that can’t be seen on the map and I don’t know if there needs to be a specific acre connected to the other. Can Nintendo see that some acres don’t match?

18. Red_ringo444

Red_ringo444 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Does anyone know if editing the acres through NHSE and going online would get a ban? I mean the acres with beach, rocks, pier etc. I want to change some but I’ll still make it a legit map.

There’s also different acres for the ocean that can’t be seen on the map and I don’t know if there needs to be a specific acre connected to the other. Can Nintendo see that some acres don’t match?

19. theravingrabbid

Newcomer

United States
    The second update is almost here. I hope Nintendo doesn't detect already edited savefiles even if you haven't edited it in a while.

20. theravingrabbid

Newcomer

United States
    Server maintenance starts at 7:50pm Central Time.

21. EmanueleBGN

EmanueleBGN GBAtemp Maniac

Italy
    This morning, I have received a strange auto-generated email from Nintendo.
    It says (translated):
    Well, I don't know what "advertising" I sent (maybe a link on my Bulletin board? I will check later), but now we know that Nintendo checks the dreams in ACNH

Last edited by EmanueleBGN, Jul 31, 2020
    ndis likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Discussion, Horizons, Crossing