Animal Crossing MMO on the Wii?

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by CockroachMan, Oct 24, 2007.

Oct 24, 2007
  1. CockroachMan
    OP

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    from Kotaku.com

Still not confirmed by Nintendo..

2. GameDragon

Member GameDragon Mugiwara RAWR!

United States
    An MMO Animal Crossing would be a good and bad idea.

Being able to play with an communicate with all your friends and easily make new friends at the same time would be awesome. Hopefully, they'll make more use of the mailing system, which I didn't use much in AC:WW (other than for residents' furniture).

The only problem with most MMOs that I have are the childish jerks in the community, which I'm sure every MMO has atleast one. You know what I'm talking about [​IMG]

3. Sinkhead

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
    It would be far too busy if everyone was in the same town at once, but maybe if there were some areas you could go to where other people were, like the city or somewhere...

- Sam

4. Gaisuto

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    I don't buy it. For the main reason, it's Edge. Why would they of all people get this information?

5. shadow1w2

Member shadow1w2 Still here.

United States
    MMO animal crossing?
    More town control for safety plus Hub worlds.
    That would be awsome.
    Plus a mail system that SPANS TOWNS not just a single one.

Knowing how nintendo has done that last AC game, Im sure they'll ring an MMO version just fine.
    Security seems to be their main concern.
    Plus making the world feel a little less cluastraphobic with more open town visiting and by all means a Hub world would really make the game more enjoyable.
    Sure the daily visiting feels a bit demanding, but its more of a relaxing game than a "Bash monsters collect crap" MMORPG, wich quite frankly Im sick of.
    STill waiting for some nice open world racing MMOs and Head to head fighting MMOs. With worlds to run around in, not game rooms, its not a real MMO then its just more accessable >.<

Anyawy, MMO Animal Crossing I think, would be rather good knowing nintendo's record.
    Im just hoping for better holidays that make sense and arent kid funky junk plus more texture options and a world that doesnt rely on you coming in every frooking day.
    I mean, those darn animals sholud be able to pick weeds a little too. Atleast a little, or the ones around their own house for crying out loud.
    Ya, better AI too.
    Since it'll be for Wii, classic controler mode aswell. Pointing wont be as nice in my opion. Easy, but I would like to see the AC world in a first person or atleast thrid or second perspective for a change.

Nunchuck for movement, wiimote for menu selection and other things all at the same time for multi taskers :3

6. AppleJuice

Member AppleJuice GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Why wouldn't they?

My personal opinion is that they're a bunch of pretenious wankers but Edge is by far the most well-informed video games magazine on the UK market. If you're going to leak something, Edge isn't a bad place to do it.

Regardless of the authenticity of the article, an MMO does seem like the natural progression for the Animal Crossing franchise and I think that with some large areas for social interaction (cities as a previous poster mentioned or something similar) it would be an awesome game.

7. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    MMO with Friend Codes? Yeah that's going to work. Don't get me wrong, I love the Wii, I love Animal Crossing, but... well, let's just see...