realg123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone,

I have a quick question.

Is it possible to play Animal Crossing New Horizon on the same network with one being an installed NSP version and the other being a legit game on another switch?

If so,
- Would the clean switch get banned if playing with someone who is using a Switch that has CFW?
- Does the CFW Switch require a Nintendo ID?
- How would we go about setting this up and be able to play with one another?

Thank you

URBANsUNITED

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi!

Local Lan play works.
I did this with our old Switch and the new Switch lite
Had to bring both systems on the same software versions. Did that for Firmware and ACNH version.
Have both systems on 90DNS!
Switch lite uses the eshop version of ACNH and its linked account.

Cheers

URBANsUNITED

Reactions: realg123

realg123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi!

Local Lan play works.
I did this with our old Switch and the new Switch lite
Had to bring both systems on the same software versions. Did that for Firmware and ACNH version.
Have both systems on 90DNS!
Switch lite uses the eshop version of ACNH and its linked account.

Cheers

URBANsUNITED

@URBANsUNITED thank you. Just to confirm one of the Switches is a legit (NON CFW) and the other one is CFW? If so could you guide me on how you did it?

URBANsUNITED

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just to confirm one of the Switches is a legit (NON CFW) and the other one is CFW?

Correct!

If so could you guide me on how you did it?
The most is already written.
Just go to the Airport and invite guests, local game, open for all - on one of your switches.
On the second switch, go to the airport and fly away. You'll get asked local or somewhere else. Local and the game will be found. Profit!

Cheers

URBANsUNITED

D

Deleted User

Are you running ACNH on emunand on the hacked switch?

Correct!

The most is already written.
Just go to the Airport and invite guests, local game, open for all - on one of your switches.
On the second switch, go to the airport and fly away. You'll get asked local or somewhere else. Local and the game will be found. Profit!

Cheers

URBANsUNITED

Yo-mama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To answer OP's original questions:

- Would the clean switch get banned if playing with someone who is using a Switch that has CFW?
See https://gbatemp.net/threads/animal-crossing-new-horizons-ban-discussion-thread.561253/

No, I used local play with a legit switch & cartridge and my CFW switch that has no linked Nintendo IDs on any profiles.

Side note: My CFW switch had never connected to wifi before I got ACNH. I decided to install EmuMMC on my SD, then used Incognito_RCM only on EmuMMC and not Sysnand, and also set up 90DNS. The Local Play option seems to be a direct ad-hoc wifi and was sometimes unstable and I had a few disconnects. Had to force close the game, then enter airplane mode on each switch, then turn it off, and start over again. So far I have not transferred anything to my legit island other than fruit I don't have. :)

realg123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To answer OP's original questions:

See https://gbatemp.net/threads/animal-crossing-new-horizons-ban-discussion-thread.561253/

No, I used local play with a legit switch & cartridge and my CFW switch that has no linked Nintendo IDs on any profiles.

Side note: My CFW switch had never connected to wifi before I got ACNH. I decided to install EmuMMC on my SD, then used Incognito_RCM only on EmuMMC and not Sysnand, and also set up 90DNS. The Local Play option seems to be a direct ad-hoc wifi and was sometimes unstable and I had a few disconnects. Had to force close the game, then enter airplane mode on each switch, then turn it off, and start over again. So far I have not transferred anything to my legit island other than fruit I don't have. :)

Hey anymore details on how you were able to do so? Doesn't seem to be working. I have both of them connected to the same network. However, I get the "drumsticks can't find island" message:

I followed this guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/SwitchPirates/comments/fm5ye4/an_easy_step_by_step_guide_to_playing_animal/

Edit:
I got it working. For local lan play (someone who is in the same house) I had to delete ldn_mitm from both the switch Folder and atmosphere content folder.

I asked my friend (non hacked) switch to come to my island (hacked switch) no issues.

Can you give items to a non hacked switch, if so will they get banned?

Last edited by realg123,

Crossriver

Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
But then ... if ACNH has lan mode, what difference is there between switch + switch (CWF or not) and switch + Ryuxin emulator?

Why is not possible emulator + switch?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.