OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i got a problem with rev10 of the cios36.

was using the original usb loader 1.0 and then the ultimate loaders based on 1.1 with rev9.
everything worked like charm.

when rev10 and 1.4 got releasd i thought i should update. everything still seemed fine, but ever since the update i got random freezes in animal crossing (pal). starting it with 1.4 loader or 1.1 wouldn't matter. tried just a few other games and those wouldn't freeze.
i thought it was my AC installation, but after going back to rev9 the freezes stopped again.
of course i can't use 1.4 or 1.5 based loaders now.
anyone else having that problem or having an idea what could cause it?
did something change with 1.5 loader so it doesn't happen anymore?

i hope whatever causes the freezes won't also be in rev11+ when it has new features i might want...

arcy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have the same problem also. So far I've only experienced the random intervals of freezes in Animal Crossing and no other game. Luckily Pete was there each time otherwise I would get an earful from Mr. Resetti.

I do have a retail disk but I'm pretty sure if it will ask for an update, it did when I first played it.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ummm... how about the fact that multiple USB devices don't play nice on rev 10 (USB media + Microphone for Animal Crossing, right?)

Wait until rev 11... as it's been stated in countless other posts already.

er... but if it's a different issue, nevermind.

tube83

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
urherenow said:
ummm... how about the fact that multiple USB devices don't play nice on rev 10 (USB media + Microphone for Animal Crossing, right?)

Wait until rev 11... as it's been stated in countless other posts already.

er... but if it's a different issue, nevermind.

yes, it's a different issue. just to clarify: the AC freezes happen without wiispeak or any other usb device attached (besides the hdd of course)

sk0ld

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm playing from a new class 6 micro sdhc through a kingston usb traveler. The card was partitioned with gparted, initialized, and 1:1 disc isos were copied via the Linux wbfs. The load times are faster than an original.
I've had City Folk freeze up on me about 10 times since the usb loader was released. The game doesn't completely freeze; your character is still moving around, but you can't move, or bring up menus. If you press home and choose either option, the screen will go dark for good, the power still on. Same result with trying to power off.
Most of the time it happens when the game is loading dialog. It happened twice when fast switching tools..guessing it's loading audio? It froze once when I had picked up too many items, and the resulting text that's supposed to come up to tell you that, never did. So my character was left just moving his hand around in his pocket. It was disturbing. What is really infuriating is when it happens when you try to save. This has happened to me twice. It froze on me today using 1.5. For what it's worth, I've only had MadWorld crash on me once, and it started with looping audio.
It's a pain in the ass, but not having to worry about disc reads makes it worth it. I hope it's fixed soon, but I'm not sure kwiirk or waninkoko even know about the issue.
As for multiple usb devices, I haven't had any problems. I can use a usb keyboard with animal crossing while running the game from the other usb port, so it's not as if the loader completely disables the opposite port. It's probably a power issue.

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
maybe it's trying to call a non-existant system subroutine,
dousnt animal crossing install a new wad normally?

look here: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/IOS_History

note IOS38

maybe if you extract ios38 with wufe from a dvd and add it with wad-manager the problem will go away - maybe.

twig123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no issues with AC (NTSC) on Ultimate Loader 6.7 (haven't bothered updating to 7.x yet) with is based off of the v1.4 USB Loader with rev10 installed. It is likely that your drives are going into sleep mode and not unsuspending itself. I originally had issues with any game randomly locking up, however, as suggested in another post here... I used the 'hdparm' application and set my drive standby to 5hr30min and have no lockups with any game since.

tube83

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
twig123 said:
I have no issues with AC (NTSC) on Ultimate Loader 6.7 (haven't bothered updating to 7.x yet) with is based off of the v1.4 USB Loader with rev10 installed. It is likely that your drives are going into sleep mode and not unsuspending itself. I originally had issues with any game randomly locking up, however, as suggested in another post here... I used the 'hdparm' application and set my drive standby to 5hr30min and have no lockups with any game since.

i don't believe it's a sleep problem for me. never has a different game frozen, nor has AC on rev9. thanks for the input though
smile.gif

interesting that it's working for you. maybe it's just the pal version?

sk0ld

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm US NTSC, 3.2. I installed a freethebug'd IOS38 before even starting the game. Also, I don't think SD cards through USB go to sleep. =)
I'm curious twig123, how often would you say you play AC? You're not just testing it are you?

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the other thing you could do would be to install a wad version of cIOS rev9 as different IOS (dont have source so not sure about choosing IOS, but if you dumped IOS250 AND cIOS249, and did some file swapping and reinstall cIOS_R9 as IOS250 that would work) and then edit source for a channel loader to boot with IOS250

EDIT: Just played Animal Crossing for around an Hour using a YAL game channel and IOS222 (UBB2_beta3) Worked perfectly without any problems, if you need something to test just PM me
wink.gif

twig123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twig123 said:
I have no issues with AC (NTSC) on Ultimate Loader 6.7 (haven't bothered updating to 7.x yet) with is based off of the v1.4 USB Loader with rev10 installed.
I would like to retract this statement...

It started raining here today (as well as in the game) and now the game locks within 2min.
wtf.gif

This is very odd...

fsubassoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also have experienced this freeze, although it usually takes 45-60 minutes for it to happen. I "reinstalled" cios rev9 and using a 1.1 usb loader for the time being, and it seems to be working perfectly. It would be fantastic if rev11 fixes this freeze, as well as adds Wii Speak (or any other USB controller) capabilities.

twig123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twig123 said:
twig123 said:
I have no issues with AC (NTSC) on Ultimate Loader 6.7 (haven't bothered updating to 7.x yet) with is based off of the v1.4 USB Loader with rev10 installed.
I would like to retract this statement...

It started raining here today (as well as in the game) and now the game locks within 2min.
wtf.gif

This is very odd...
So, I made a disk of AC and played through Gamma... and the system froze after ~1hr when I pressed the 'Home' button to exit the game... and then once again after ~3min...

lenitao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it happens to me as well...

and it's one of the games i play the most, not to mention Resetii
tongue.gif

LoL, i hope it's fixed in next cIOS or what is called

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended