1. horokeusama

horokeusama GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    More like a collector's thing nowadays, just like Funkos

2. m_babble

m_babble Elder Phantom

United States
    I never really got into this series, but I'm actually excited to try this one.

3. MarkDarkness

MarkDarkness Deliverator

Poland
    No cloud saves is absurd. They could implement it in a very contained way... like you can only restore 2 times every year. Problem solved, took me 10 seconds to think it up.

QR codes only through phone are to be expected I guess without a camera on the Switch. Hopefully the community will step up with a tool for us to import patterns offilne.

4. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

United Kingdom
    OK I hav come to a decision I play animal crossing during the day and doom at night :D

5. pandavova

Germany
    Hmmm, im curious if someone will do a homebrew so that you can import designs without using the smartphone app (because you need a switch connected to the internet for that). But i like that it uses the old QR Codes, there is already software to create these. Also im really hoping time travling will be easy, there will surely be homebrew for that as well.
    Im really hyped for this game.

6. Hanafuda

Hanafuda GBAtemp Addict

United States

Iwata died. Miyamoto became a stage prop.

The changes are corporate in Japan. The North American Nintendo sock puppets you see just serve as mascots/characters, like Mario, Luigi, and the rest.

I'll probably end up playing the shit out of this game though.

Last edited by Hanafuda, Feb 20, 2020
  7. Unleanone999

Unleanone999 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Togo
    Hyped and sucks that we still need to wait a month for it.

8. Pleng

Pleng Custom Title

Thailand
    Are cloud saves not linked with your online subscription which in turn is linked to your user account?

Animal Crossing uses a system-wide save with all users living on the same island. That may not even be technically possible to implement in the infrastructure of the cloud saves system. Even if they could find a way around it then multiple users with multiple cloud saves could end up restoring over each others' save files. A dedicated single point of backup and restore makes more sense in this case.

Skelletonike likes this.
  9. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

United States
    not allowing cloud saving is bull shit. if you can't cloud save, at least let us put saves on a usb. it's not like achievements or trophies are going to be affected, so if someone abuses the system and cheats, that's on them. I mean who cares?

10. PokeNev

PokeNev GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Oh, sorry I forgot about that thx. But yeah, this game looks really good I just hate that they’re still pushing amiibo

11. Espen84

Espen84 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Norway
    Was there any news on a general direct. I am so sick of this look a new figure to the smash roster. Look at this game that's already confirmed. I want to know about games to come. And when to expect them. And maybe show me some freaking game play of the games too.

12. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

United Kingdom
    Go youtube and type nintendo switch games 2020 thts the best advice anyone can giv you at this present moment

13. anhminh

anhminh Pirate since 2010

Vietnam
    You guy just don't understand do you? The game have autosave to anti savescum, it will never work with cloud save unless the game force people to connect to Internet to save which wouldn't bode well with the handheld aspect of Switch.

14. medoli900

medoli900 Open the Benzenes;Gate

Antarctica
    I'm hype for most of the things, but uh... Having to have an online subscription to share design QR code? Really?

15. yummycake

yummycake GBAtemp Regular

United States
  16. xdarkx

xdarkx GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Just an update to this article. Nintendo privated the original video and uploaded a new one

The most notable change is the small text at 25:42 from the original:
    to the new one:
    Most likely this was changed because of all the uproar from fans. Honestly, there isn't any good reasons to not have full cloud save support since this isn't a competitive game.

Last edited by xdarkx, Feb 24, 2020
  17. entsd

entsd Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Can my sister and I play animal crossing in two separate switches through local play (No internet or wifi)?

18. Pluupy

Pluupy _(:3」∠)_

United States
    If you can only acquire patterns using the phone app, then if you pirate the game you might not be able to import patterns without homebrew...

I wish they had an option for people with mutliple switches to play on their own screens.

I am hoping we can customize our entire map. I want to make an archipelago or a desert town.

Last edited by Pluupy, Feb 24, 2020

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - customization, Crossing, roundup