Hacking Animal Crossing & CFG USB Loader.

RyuKisargi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having some problems with Animal Crossing. I've downloaded it six times, and used two retail backups.

What specifically happens is it freezes. The freezes are sporadic. I can catch a shark, turn it in, and right before I save, BOOM. Having coffee with the pigeon? BOOM. Laughing at that mole? BOOM. Doodling on a cat's face? BOOM. Some days it doesn't freeze at all, others, 20 times. I'm quite frustrated.

I use Configurable USB loader, and my IOSs and loader version are/is current.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RyuKisargi said:
I use Configurable USB loader, and my IOSs and loader version are/is current.
Could you post a sysCheck, just so we can be sure? Also, what IOS are you using to run Animal Crossing? What version of CFG Loader are you using? Does this problem occur with any other games? Are you using any cheat codes?

Steven.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Do you have wiiconect24 on? If so, try turning it off, I had this issue with ACCF, and the real problem was WiiConnect24.

RyuKisargi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll see what I can do with SysCheck next time I get to my Wii (( It's at my apartment, at parents house for a few days )), and I'll try turning off WiiConnect24.

Also, my version of USB Config Loader is current, using the cheatcode to negate Resetti ('cause it froze a lot), and the problem does not occur with other titles. I don't know how to switch IOSs.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nightwaxon said:
I had problems with this using CIOS249. Switched to CIOS223 and I've had no further issues.
One should not experience any problems using 249d2x56 with Animal Crossing: City Folk.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
RyuKisargi said:
I'll see what I can do with SysCheck next time I get to my Wii (( It's at my apartment, at parents house for a few days )), and I'll try turning off WiiConnect24.

Also, my version of USB Config Loader is current, using the cheatcode to negate Resetti ('cause it froze a lot), and the problem does not occur with other titles. I don't know how to switch IOSs.
As others said. Make shure that you use the 249d2x56 cIOS, that CFG-Loader is up-to-date, WiiConnect24 off. You can also verify your game with Wiimms ISO Tools (wit -v verify ).

Oh, and disable the cheats (Ocarina off). Often the cheats are causing such problems, my version of SSBB also froze after an battle, disabling the cheats and creating a new savefile (since the old one was corrupted because of the cheat) fixed it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @NinStar, Who's whipping who?