Animal Crossing & CFG USB Loader.

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by RyuKisargi, Jul 27, 2011.

Jul 27, 2011
  1. RyuKisargi
    OP

Member RyuKisargi GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've been having some problems with Animal Crossing. I've downloaded it six times, and used two retail backups.

What specifically happens is it freezes. The freezes are sporadic. I can catch a shark, turn it in, and right before I save, BOOM. Having coffee with the pigeon? BOOM. Laughing at that mole? BOOM. Doodling on a cat's face? BOOM. Some days it doesn't freeze at all, others, 20 times. I'm quite frustrated.

I use Configurable USB loader, and my IOSs and loader version are/is current.

2. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Could you post a sysCheck, just so we can be sure? Also, what IOS are you using to run Animal Crossing? What version of CFG Loader are you using? Does this problem occur with any other games? Are you using any cheat codes?

3. nightwaxon

Newcomer nightwaxon Member

United Kingdom
    I had problems with this using CIOS249. Switched to CIOS223 and I've had no further issues.

4. Steven.

Newcomer Steven. Member

Brazil
    Do you have wiiconect24 on? If so, try turning it off, I had this issue with ACCF, and the real problem was WiiConnect24.

5. RyuKisargi
    OP

Member RyuKisargi GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'll see what I can do with SysCheck next time I get to my Wii (( It's at my apartment, at parents house for a few days )), and I'll try turning off WiiConnect24.

Also, my version of USB Config Loader is current, using the cheatcode to negate Resetti ('cause it froze a lot), and the problem does not occur with other titles. I don't know how to switch IOSs.

6. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    One should not experience any problems using 249d2x56 with Animal Crossing: City Folk.

7. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    As others said. Make shure that you use the 249d2x56 cIOS, that CFG-Loader is up-to-date, WiiConnect24 off. You can also verify your game with Wiimms ISO Tools (wit -v verify ).

Oh, and disable the cheats (Ocarina off). Often the cheats are causing such problems, my version of SSBB also froze after an battle, disabling the cheats and creating a new savefile (since the old one was corrupted because of the cheat) fixed it.