Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by Robfozz, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Robfozz
    OP

Robfozz GBAtemp Smartass

Apr 19, 2014
    United States
    Onett
    Since nobody has made a thread about this "game", I will. I am beyond dissapointed. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. "An Animal Crossing version of Mario Party? No this can't be real..." I said to myself as I slowly realized that this wasn't a real AC game.

For the uninformed, Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival is Mario Party but with an AC coat of paint. But thats not all, because now you gotta pay to play! Characters are chosen through whatever AC amiibo you scan in. This is the big AC Wii U game we all wanted right? :cry:

Share your play by play reaction of the games reveal, heres mine:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

2. Deboog

Deboog GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 22, 2013
    United States
    If it was a Mario Party clone, that would be bad. It isn't even a Mario Party clone. It's not even a Mii Party clone. It doesn't have minigames. It's some sort of stupid dice based board game that looks about as much fun as Monopoly Jr. Nintendo must have just asked some dev team to spend as little money as possible developing a bare bones Amiibo cash in. Nintendo is supposed to be the company that has quality control above all other companies. This is an insult to the past 34 years of Nintendo history.

3. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    It's a side title meant to hold you over until the actually game.

4. Robfozz
    OP

Robfozz GBAtemp Smartass

Apr 19, 2014
    United States
    Onett
    But if a real game wasn't announced at E3 this year, then when? If its announced next year, my guess is that the Wii U will probably be about dead because of the NX

5. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    They have directs throughout the year and we don't even know what the NX is.

6. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Well, about this I might get Isabelle at the very least. Not interested in anything else... I wouldn't say no to a new reprint of Villager, though.