Hacking Animal Crossing, Acekard 2i and DSL problem

nickh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
My son is getting fed up with his DSL/R4 freezing so I have just bought him an Acekard 2i + 4GB SDHC as a replacement.

I have loaded AKAIO 1.6RC2
I have moved all his games across and renamed any SAV files to sav.
I have re-formatted the card with the Panasonic formatter

Every time he tries to play Animal Crossing we get 2 white screens before the game loads. I have tried deleting the .sav. When I start Animal Crossing again it still freezes with 2 white screens but I notice it has created a new .sav.

The version of Animal Crossing I have has a CRC of 7E62F586 so I understand it is 1479 - Animal Crossing - Wild World (v01) (U)(Independent).

Can anyone please help me?

TIA,
Nick

JBW

Trophies
XP
Country
Ive got the same set-up as you and it works fine. Try formatting your sd card and redownloading AKAIO r2

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Hmm - I had a problem with ACWW (E) with 2 white screens - found out I couldn't run the game if I had AKAIO 'Cheats' enabled - Because of this I started playing ACWW (E) which does work with cheats on

I've tried all 3 versions of ACWW -
0223 - ACWW (U)
0389 - ACWW (E)
1479 - ACWW (U) v1.1

All work fine with AKAIO cheats OFF, but with AKAIO cheats on....
0389 - ACWW (E) was the only one that locked up with 2 white screens

nickh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the replies. I've dug further and the first bit of info I gave was wrong. It looks like the version of Animal Crossing I have is the (E) version (CRC = C677970C). I've downloaded it again but have the same problem. Is it odd that the European version (0389) is twice the size of the US versions (0223 and 1479)?

Anyway, following your posts, I originally had cheats off globally and it would not run. I reformatted and reload everything and it still would not run. I then twigged that this would re-enable the cheats, so I went into the individual game settings and disabled the cheats there and it now works.
smile.gif

I'm happy now and my 8 year-old has not even come across the idea of cheats so he won't miss anything.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nickh said:
Is it odd that the European version (0389) is twice the size of the US versions (0223 and 1479)?
Not really, the European ROM contains multiple languages = larger in size.

For WiFi reasons you should be using the European rom instead of the US rom if you are in the UK.

nickh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tk_saturn said:
For WiFi reasons you should be using the European rom instead of the US rom if you are in the UK.
Ugh.
dry.gif
I presume no one has found a way of converting the sav files?

Having said that I have not enabled WiFi as I am not particularly happy with WEP encryption. I much prefer the security of WPA2 (like on the Wii).

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
nickh said:
tk_saturn said:
Ugh.
dry.gif
I presume no one has found a way of converting the sav files?

Having said that I have not enabled WiFi as I am not particularly happy with WEP encryption. I much prefer the security of WPA2 (like on the Wii).
If you mean between (U) and (E) then - No, not that I know of. I've looked at the sav files & there's seems to be too many differences between them
If you mean between (U)-v1 and (U)-v1.1, I can't see there being a problem

nickh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My thought process was all screwey yesterday. I was thinking I'd prefer the US version as I could get the cheats to work (if my son ever wanted them), but as he does not know about them and I live in Europe, I'd do best to stick to the European version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou