Anima: Ark of Sinners, first impressions

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by WiiUBricker, Jul 8, 2011.

Jul 8, 2011
  1. WiiUBricker
    OP

Member WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Argentina
    [​IMG]

This game came out today here in europe and did sound very promising, so I purchased it for 1000 Points (10 €) and played it a bit. People who like Castlevania and 2D metroid games will most likely like this game as well.

Here is the PR mail for those of you that never heard anything about this game before:

More informations, a video and pics can be found here: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/games/...ners_43739.html

So I played this game and the first positive thing about it I saw are the beautiful graphics. Textures are sharp and the light effects are well done. It's without a doubt one of the best looking WiiWare games. You have multiple save slots and the controlls are easy to learn since you can play with the Wiimote or with the Classic Controller. Nunchuk is not supported.

You controll your sexy looking character with the digipad , jump with the 2 button and slash enemies with the 1 button. A button triggers flashy energie wave attacks. There are many combos but honestly I don't think that many people will use more than 5 combos which will eventually lead to button smashing. B button does nothing. The movements of the character are a bit sluggish, especially if you jump but you will get used to it.

I did not play that much but what I can tell about enemies is that they are tough. I set the difficulty level to normal and got beat by the second time enemies appear in the game (granted I'm actually a bad player [​IMG])

I don't remember any music in the game which may be a good sign that there are no annoying musics or maybe I did not play long enough for an earwig.

That being sad, I love the game so far and looking forward to go deeper into it. The developers Anima Game Studio have done a decent job in making a game, what's worth the money, so I recommend everyone who likes 2.5D side-scrolling games to purchase it through the Wii shop.

2. gundambot

Newcomer gundambot Member

Canada
    this looks pretty cool

thanks

3. zizer

Member zizer GBAtemp Addict

[youtube]vtpUPpm3Cdo[/youtube]

4. Nah3DS

Member Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

Argentina
    I want this so bad but I cant download it because I have a NTSC wii [​IMG]

5. WiiUBricker
    OP

Member WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Argentina
    Is it a europe only game?

6. Nah3DS

Member Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

Argentina
    I think so... since the game is made by a small spanish development team, I guess it will get only a europe release [​IMG]

7. zizer

Member zizer GBAtemp Addict

8. oxenh

Member oxenh The most unknown member of GBAtemp

Chile
    this is a game that i am looking forward
    is a shame that i cannot buy here (i own a ntsc wii -.-)

9. OriginalHamster

Member OriginalHamster UStealthy

Chile
    I'm looknig forward this game, hopefully it's released in america