Angry Video Game Nerd: The Movie

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Fellow, Sep 24, 2010.

Sep 24, 2010
  1. Fellow
    OP

Member Fellow GBAtemp Fan

United States

2. Range-TE

Member Range-TE GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Indonesia
    i love the nerd! knowing James' skills and knowledge in film making and directing; i have high expectations of this movie

3. Zerousen

Member Zerousen 【=◈︿◈=】

United States
    Yay [​IMG] Love his vids [​IMG]

4. yuyuyup

Member yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    fuck yeah motherfucking shitcock

5. Sir-Fritz

Member Sir-Fritz GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    You all realize this is possibly a few years away right?

6. yuyuyup

United States
    it's still epic

7. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    AVGN is pretty funny for most of his reviews but others seem boring. Always been more of a Nostalgia Critic guy myself.

8. Fudge

Banned Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra

United States
    I can't wait. His vids are awesome.

9. Canonbeat234

Member Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Japan
    I have been seeing this dude's work from Angry Nintendo Nerd till now. I can say he did improve a lot of his writing, fliming, and that 'RAGE' of his. I don't expect nothing less from an ingenius game rater.

Edit: Although I got to admit it, some of his videos were more of him. As far as showing the media format that were back in his days till now. He does express his awesomeness when it came to playing games from his youth. Like the last time he encounter a glitch in some Megaman game and recognize the pattern so well he beaten the boss. To me that's an EPIC gamer.

10. rizzod

Member rizzod Not a New Member

Australia
    look, i've worked with the guy before, he's a great guy, got some great stuff, pretty creative at times yes.
    he's actually been writing this movie for a while now, close to 3 years nearly, i actually know what the plan for the ending is already. but the whole movie thing is a little too much really, he expects this to be a theatricle release and end up into dvd stores, im sorry, but its not going to happen.
    he's an internet sensation, but not a phenomenon. that's what happends when u sell ur life away with websites like ScrewAttack and TGWTG, trust me, i know that personally, i'd never go back to workin at that shithole, all they know is how to steal your ideas, make them their own and make money for themselves, and trust me, this won't be any different with craig earning a large cut off this, if it does make any money. i don't doubt james' creativity, i just think he's goin' way over his head thinking this will make big time. and no i won't be telling you the ending, too much respect for the guy. i will say tho, it's kinda 50/50 and some ppl will say that was cool and some will say that was not how i was expecting him to end it. but i will say...

Warning: Spoilers inside!

11. Snorlax

Member Snorlax POSTMODERNISM

Australia
    Heck, freaking, yes. [​IMG]

12. Forstride

Member Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

United States
    Now THIS is a movie based off something on the internet that actually sounds awesome. I've watched most of his hilarious game reviews, as well as most of his movie reviews. If the movie is going to be anything like his videos, in terms of hilaritry, it could be a hit.

13. Knyaz Vladimir

Member Knyaz Vladimir 3DS Hacker

Canada
    So, final bow? Does that mean that it's the death of AVGN? Or is it that he'll never make a new AVGN ever again? (Although, James is expecting a bit too much from ScrewAttack)

14. Fluto

Member Fluto A potato in disguise

Australia
    this is wired i was watch monster madness videos on cinemaaacre and a new video was there i was one of the first to see this then i saw it on utube eairler today nw here wierd also he says it might be in cinemas but maybe because of swering it might not . otherwise freeking sweet [​IMG]

15. yuyuyup

United States
    "There is a lot of speculation and I guess there is going to continue to be a lot of speculation until the speculation ends." — George W. Bush

16. rizzod

Member rizzod Not a New Member

Australia
    *facepalm* its not speculation. the movie will be the last time he plays the AVGN.

17. Canonbeat234

Member Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Japan
    He should end the series with a good ol' cliffhanger. Like he gets into a coma with flashes of games he didn't play yet or review its mediocrity then a fades into blackness where his AVGN logo and a sad piano solo happens into the background. Which then you see the ups and downs from his triumph of playing shitty games. To where you see the remaining games he didn't review then him on the ground lifeless...

Not that according to the internet we see him as an icon. The point is he did work his way to the top however, he deminish the value of what he really had. I mean he did graduate from flim school and that's why all his videos are very professional. What he needs to do is become a good video game reviewer, playing the games of today or yesteryear which can 'HYPE' the game due to his critique style and popularity.

18. Maplemage

Member Maplemage ಠ_ಠ

Antarctica
    Yay I can't wait till the movie comes out it will prolly be awesome.

19. yuyuyup

United States
    proof ?

20. geoflcl

Member geoflcl Permanent GBAtemp Newbie

United States
    As an undeniably nerdy guy and a devoted fan of the Nerd himself, this is definitely relevant to my interests. The AVGN name has become a phenomenon with its blend of humor and video game history, and I think it'd make for a great film!