Hacking angry that i cant buy a gateway and dont understand why

aenoch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here my story i baught my first 3ds xl (my first Nintendo handheld since gba) four weeks ago. I have been researching which card i wanted to buy for the last three weeks i some how lost 3 of the games that came with mine and only have pokemon x left. but had to stop playing it 2 weeks ago because i think ill have to restart if i decided to get a gateway. well i decided to go with the gateway last night. found the cheapest usa seller on the official list entered all my info email credit card number phone number etc. just to find out i cant buy because my card is master card instead of visa. that angered me a little so i moved on to the next store same thing i tried at least 4 stores and they only want visa why is that? it would have been helpful for the sites to say this before people completely enter all there info thats a little shady is there a usa place that costs below $75 including shipping it may be possible to get a visa debit card to put money on but im not sure that would even work and i dont want to waste any more time seeing how my 3ds xl has just been sitting here for 2 weeks now im pretty disappointed

BRadGaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I ordered mine from gateway-3ds-buy, and I think I remember seeing VISA be the only option. My visa-debit card wouldn't even work (even though internationally it's supposed to just act like a regular visa. My normal visa worked though.

If you can, buy a prepaid visa card and use that, but it would have to be more than enough to cover the order. Or get a visa :P

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I got mine from eachmall, but you'd be waiting 2 months maybe more now that Chinese New Year is coming to a close.

Never had a problem using my mastercard on any website, usually they use third party services that accept everything.

ness151

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got mine from eachmall, but you'd be waiting 2 months maybe more now that Chinese New Year is coming to a close.

Never had a problem using my mastercard on any website, usually they use third party services that accept everything.

2 months? Really? That's stupid. I ordered mine a week or so ago, and they said they were having some sort of festival until this past Saturday... But really? A month or 2?

BRadGaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Is that a US reseller? I know that gateway-3ds-buy ships from california for US and local international (e.g., Canada), and from singapore for other countries like Columbia, etc.

Get a Visa prepaid...

Just an idea, if you don't need one, don't get one. You need to keep track of the balance if you do..

aenoch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why do they do this ive never seen this on any other sites. are they afraid there not going to get payed. my master card is threw my bank so its a debit card . id rather not have to buy another card put money on it then it not work. i got this one three my bank so i didnt have to buy prepayed anymore. when entering my info in 3dsgamerworld there error is r000 high risk. modchipdepot i think it was actualy said visa only before i tryied to pay i contacted these 2 companys 3dsgamer said there working on getting western union but wouldnt be supporting anything but visa for a long time the modchip place sent me a list of what the accept alot of stuff ive never hearld about plus bank transfer and western union. not sure how western union would work (they could just steal the money) and theres no way im doing a bank transfer thats way to risky

or money order but non of these options give the buyer any protection

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
runonsentancesandnopunctuationmakejackadullboy.

I got mine through a trusted reseller on the GW site and they accepted PayPal. You will eventually need to set up Paypal down the line if you plan to eBay or you run into something like this anyway. May as well just set one up now and get a GW with it.

Reactions: Nurio

BRadGaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
why do they do this ive never seen this on any other sites. are they afraid there not going to get payed. my master card is threw my bank so its a debit card .

wait, did you mean you have a mastercard debit card, or 2 separate cards (one debit, one mastercard)? My combined visa debit wouldn't work with the reseller I ordered from, the reason I think was just that only a limited amount of online sellers actually accept those cards, at least in Canada it's like that.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The safest route, for me was to use a credit card. If they only take Visa so be it, nothing anybody can do about it. They've been around for a while and so far I haven't seen any complaining about there payment policy. You're just gonna have to look eslewhere.

Reactions: BRadGaming

aenoch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the main two i wanted to order from put the gw under 75 with shipping which is the cheapest us seller i found . my bank issued debit card which works as a debit/credit says mastercard on it 3dsgamer lets you click mastercard but when i put my bank in as fifth third because it asks you to thats wghen i got the high risk error they said they only support visa even tho you can click master card on there site. i do have pay pal not sure which sellers accept that every thing i order online i use my card with no problems

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the main two i wanted to order from put the gw under 75 with shipping which is the cheapest us seller i found . my bank issued debit card which works as a debit/credit says mastercard on it 3dsgamer lets you click mastercard but when i put my bank in as fifth third because it asks you to thats wghen i got the high risk error they said they only support visa even tho you can click master card on there site. i do have pay pal not sure which sellers accept that every thing i order online i use my card with no problems

gateway-3ds-buy.com

This site accepts paypal

Reactions: BRadGaming

aenoch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actualy 3ds buy gate way is a few dollars cheaper and in the us i think this is my best option, but i just went to the order page and all i see is a way to pay with visa even tho the front page says pay pal?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
2 months? Really? That's stupid. I ordered mine a week or so ago, and they said they were having some sort of festival until this past Saturday... But really? A month or 2?
Free china/hong kong shipping is EXTREMELY slow. It's basically common knowledge that you should expect a month, maybe more, if nothing special's going on.

Dragaan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, exact same thing happened to me. Keep looking for alternate payment options (I think 3dsGamerWorld did) if you can. Buying on Craigslist is also an option.

ness151

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Free china/hong kong shipping is EXTREMELY slow. It's basically common knowledge that you should expect a month, maybe more, if nothing special's going on.

I understand that, however, my order status hasn't changed from "Confirmed,Payed,Unshipped" for awhile. I read somewhere else that someone said it took like 6 days for it to show up. Also, if I paid for 3 day shipping, it'd be a ripoff for it to take a month to show up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zufnIPGYQx8 +1