Hacking angry that i cant buy a gateway and dont understand why

aenoch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bank put a lock on my card then called me and asked if i was trying to make a purchase from china

Well if this is true. Looks like. Im screwed. Along with a lot of other people who dont have a actualy creditcard and dont have a flash cart. Yet.

Thank you very much for your email.
I'm David from R4is.com customer service, sorry about the payment problem,
currently we can only accept visa credit card and master card, we can not
accept debit/paypal, because they have banned our accounts for selling
flash carts, hopefully you can get a visa credit/master card to send the
order again. thanks for your understanding.
Best Regards

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait for wcrepairs to get more stock. It'll probably take another 6 months because of the damn new year, but just go with them. Just make sure you let your bank know. Because mine put my card on hold until I verified the transaction. Despite being based in Illinois, they use a foreign payment processor like everyone else.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You already know what you need to do, either do it or order overseas from a reseller who accepts paypal. Your options have been laid out but yet you want to sit there and wait on a response. That simple

Reactions: Maximilious

Zamzummin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lol, this thread is ridiculous. No offense OP, but welcome to online payments. You're not going to achieve much by trying to pay with a MasterCard debit card, which is probably the lowest form payment method that is vaguely affiliated with a credit card company. You don't need any credit to get one and it's designed so you can use it at a few major online retailers like Amazon, etc. but not by the majority of payment processing companies, especially from Gateway re-sellers who are selling to notoriously cheap people who won't hesitate to complain to anyone to get their $70 back. And you're wrong that Visa and MasterCard are basically identical. It is well known that Visa cards are harder to get than an equivalent MasterCard (i.e. you can be approved for a MasterCard with a $3000 limit but rejected for a Visa with the same limit, because they have stricter credit requirements.)

If you really want a Gateway asap, ask someone you know with a real credit card to purchase it for you and pay them back in cash. And after you do that, make your life easier and apply for a Visa card with a $500 limit for purchases like these.

Skyhigh_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mate just pay with western union and take the risk....

Your options are limited is either you take the risk and use western union ( what ANY of those flashcard company's would accept) or you probably won't get it unless someone locally has it. If you pay with western union you can still use your credit card/mastercard through them but from what i saw in the thread your credit card has limitations?

My credit card has never called me when i make foreign purchases from europe or asia

I am pretty sure you might be able to buy it from a usa seller but it will be more than $80..

If your username wasn't so new i would just buy it for you and then you could pay me but then again i don't want to deal with a possible messy situation just for merely doing a favor

aenoch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE--- so i gave in and went out an got a pre payed visa. i tryied avoiding greendot but still managed to get one even tho the packaging said nothing about green dot. I put my order in at modchip direct. my order was processing till the next morning when i recieved this in a email-

Hi there,
> sorry, your credit card seems to be blocking our transaction. Its coming from "******" and the charge is for the amount listed on your invoice. The issue might be that although we ship from inside the US, our merchant facility (for charging credit cards) is NOT based in the US. We are trying to charge in USD, so there are no extra charges to you, but it is still classified as an 'International transaction' and this might be the reason it is being blocked. We will not cancel the transactions or delete the credit card info - but we cannot send the order either. Please give your CC company a quick call, it will only take 5 minutes of your time to get them to allow the transaction for at least 48 hours - we will process the card again as soon as we hear from you. Thanks!-----

my reply --

Hello thank you very much for the reply. I have been trying to order s gateway3ds for over a week now on multiple websites. And it kept declining because it was a mastercard from my bank. So i went out yesterday and picked up a visa. And all the websites i tryied declined my new one to then i seen your site only. Accept visa. So i tryied. And your reply helped me alot. None of the other sites told me why my card was beign declined . I called the visa support and told me my tempuary card is not going to work over seas and that i have to wait for my. Permanent card to come in the mail in about a week. So once i receive my new card i will reorder from you since you helped me the most. Inless you accept paypal or something i can connect the card. To that would make it work over sea---

theres---

Hi there
sorry paypal + mastercard has a policy agaisnt mods
we just place the order when you have a new card
thanks---

I just got my "permanent" card in the mail last night( took about a week) and re ordered and all seems well money was taken of the card etc now to see how long it takes to get here andnow its time gather up every thing i need

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure why you had to tell them a story about your adventures in attempting to order a product, they told you whats happening and all you have to do is call the number on the back of the card and tell them you're trying to make a purchase.

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I have a MasterCard CC, and it sucks to know most of the websites won't be accepting it :( I was thinking of ordering (in the future) either a Gateway or Sky3DS depending upon what happens with Gateway's N3DS support.

I was thinking of getting it from YeahGeek since they seem to have the cheapest of Gateway.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a MasterCard CC, and it sucks to know most of the websites won't be accepting it :( I was thinking of ordering (in the future) either a Gateway or Sky3DS depending upon what happens with Gateway's N3DS support.

I was thinking of getting it from YeahGeek since they seem to have the cheapest of Gateway.

Cool...

mrGREEK360

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Glad you were able to finally order one, hopefully you will get it soon. Really sucks that PayPal/debit credit cards are blocked, I'm lucky I have a Amazon visa, I requested a very low limit so if any of these sites decide to charge my cc one day they won't get much. I use this cc dedicated to ordering shady shit if the Internet, because one day it's bound to happen to somone on one of these so called reputable sites lol.

mrGREEK360

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I bought mine with paypal

IMO PayPal is the safest way, they can't charge your PayPal at a later date while a cc they could keep the number and charge it at a later date if they wanted to fk their customers as a goodbye present which has happend before with lesser known sites that folded.

Majority of the sites no longer accept PayPal that sell flashcards/modchips and the ones that do just haven't be caught and blacklisted yet. I would think tho you would have less recourse with PayPal tho if the flashcard broke and the company refused to replace, you can reverse payment with cc on paypal when they find out the site and the product purchased was a flashcard then you are sol, they will blacklist the seller and tell you they can't anything as you shouldn't of ordered this product in the first place.

I would still use PayPal tho if the sites I use had the option.

Reactions: Maximilious

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would have used it if i could have

Do you have a bank account? Based on your posts you do, which means you can sign up for PayPal. Can't believe this post has come this far. It's time to join the real world and get your own credit card/bank account/whatever for situations just like this.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Do you have a bank account? Based on your posts you do, which means you can sign up for PayPal. Can't believe this post has come this far. It's time to join the real world and get your own credit card/bank account/whatever for situations just like this.

she has a master card.

I do too, I've never been in a situation where somewhere took visa but not mastercard, but a few years ago when I got it, I was mindful it could be a problem.
Mastercard have worked pretty well to build their brand up to be on par with visa since.

aenoch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im a guy btw. Just got my invoice and tracking number about half hour ago. Coming. From buffalo new york. I do have a bank account thats where the master card is from. This bank is also connected to paypal. The thing your not getting is. Most of these places camt take pay pal any more even tho they still advertise that they do

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oj did the Dj