Wizard298

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else having this issue?

2 months ago I ordered a 3 in 1 gba pack, I get it and then it took me a day to realize the battery may be the cause of it not working. So I went to my local interstate battery and got the correct battery and de soldered the battery that was in the cart and resoldered a new one.

After about 2 weeks I did not play my gba cart, when I went to go play it; it kept asking me the same thing would you like to set such and such to slot 2. When the battery works like it should, you don't get this message you get intilizing and then it loads the last place you were playing your game in, weather it was nor or SRAM.

Anyways I turn the system on and my save files were not there and it would not load my save files at all.
So I took the battery back, because it was no good, I got a new one and again 2 weeks later same thing. I then thought maybe leaving the cart in while I charge my DS had something to do with it so finally just a week ago I got my 3rd and final battery made, because the battery has to be pin welded. I installed that one and started removing the cart when it was time to recharge my ds lite battery.

Last night I went to check the cart and sure enough the !*@&!(*@&)!*)&@(! battery is dead yet again!!!!!

The battery was not shorting itself out I made sure of that and even had the protective ring around the battery just like the original.

SO now there HAS to be no doubt a short in the board causing the battery to short out. These batteries your supposed to get at least 6 months out of it, hell I have super NES carts that have battery s and they still work and they are over a decade old.

So does anyone else have had this issue before? I went to order a new one while I send this back to get my warranty on it, to speed things a long quicker so I won't have to wait so long for warranty
mad.gif
one.

Satirical

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yesterday my DS Lite battery died. I first started experiencing freezes in mid-game and often after I'd closed the DS Lid and opened it, I also had problems like it not lasting as long as it used to, and I'd have to charge it all the time. I managed to get a nice 2000 mAh (regularly 1000mAh) battery for £5. So I'll fit that in hopefully tomorrow if it's delivered then, or the day after, and contact you back if it works.

Try playing different games and seeing what will happen.

Do you still have the guarantee for your DS?

Make sure you're using the RIGHT batteries.

You might have to buy a new DS. Well, at least you can get a nice Blue one
biggrin.gif

Evilmaster1985

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wizard298 said:
Anyone else having this issue?

2 months ago I ordered a 3 in 1 gba pack, I get it and then it took me a day to realize the battery may be the cause of it not working. So I went to my local interstate battery and got the correct battery and de soldered the battery that was in the cart and resoldered a new one.

After about 2 weeks I did not play my gba cart, when I went to go play it; it kept asking me the same thing would you like to set such and such to slot 2. When the battery works like it should, you don't get this message you get intilizing and then it loads the last place you were playing your game in, weather it was nor or SRAM.

Anyways I turn the system on and my save files were not there and it would not load my save files at all.
So I took the battery back, because it was no good, I got a new one and again 2 weeks later same thing. I then thought maybe leaving the cart in while I charge my DS had something to do with it so finally just a week ago I got my 3rd and final battery made, because the battery has to be pin welded. I installed that one and started removing the cart when it was time to recharge my ds lite battery.

Last night I went to check the cart and sure enough the !*@&!(*@&)!*)&@(! battery is dead yet again!!!!!

The battery was not shorting itself out I made sure of that and even had the protective ring around the battery just like the original.

SO now there HAS to be no doubt a short in the board causing the battery to short out. These batteries your supposed to get at least 6 months out of it, hell I have super NES carts that have battery s and they still work and they are over a decade old.

So does anyone else have had this issue before? I went to order a new one while I send this back to get my warranty on it, to speed things a long quicker so I won't have to wait so long for warranty
mad.gif
one.

Thats a strange problem
frown.gif

My 3-1 hasnt sucked dry its battery yet and I use it quite a lot.
(Got it for aprox a month now)

However I wanted to ask you:
Where did you buy the replacement battery`s?

And also if you are going to solder the battery in again.
Could you please make a few pictures and discribe what to do?

When my battery runs dry I would like to replace it aswell.
However I dont have any XP in soldering.
Im sure also a lot of other people would love to know how to replace this battery!

Greetz, Vistabuser.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hard to find the exact same one that in the ez 3in1.
Look at this thread : http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=13032

Also, got mine since a long time (very first version) now and just checked it : 3,03v on my black one and 3,05v on my white one, where i should find 3V.
smile.gif

@wizard298 : If your ez 3in1 dry fastly his battery it's probably because it is defective or you have not replaced the battery with the good one.
wink.gif

Wizard298

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satrical: It's not my DS battery that is wearing down, it's the 3 in 1 battery.

Vista: I bought mine with solder tabs on it from a local store where I live called interstate batteries. You need to buy them with tabs and ensure there is a plastic ring around the battery to make sure the tabs do not touch and short the battery out. You need to solder the battery in that has tabs on, they need to be pin welded, you can buy them online or locally at a battery store.

ccos: I think the cart is defective, 3 batteries in a row shot......

HowdoIdothat: They were bought with tabs and I have excellent soldering experience, I used to install neo4 ps2 mods when they were out and were 44 wire install and still install chips today so I know it's not me......

I ordered a new cart and got it today and popped it in my ds lite and says it can't find a compatible pak so I think I got the new 512mb ram ones..... anyone else have this issue?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans