Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gallery_177066_262_31665.jpg

Popular mobile game Angry Birds is finally coming to the Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and 3DS, with the Angry Birds Trilogy.

The trilogy includes the original Angry Birds, Angry Birds Seasons, and Angry Birds Rio. Oddly vacant from the collection however is Angry Birds Space.

There will also be numerous additions to the game. Most notable is Kinect support for the Xbox 360, PS Move support for the Playstation 3, and StreetPass functions for the 3DS. There will also be, according to Rovio boss Petri Järvilehto, "new cinematics, extras and other entertaining content."

It will also get a makeover the for the systems, including animated backgrounds, improved lightning, and higher resolution for the bigger screens, as well as many other aesthetic changes.

No date or price was announced, however it will be a retail release, marking the first time Angry Birds has been available in physical form.

:arrow: Source

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on pricing honestly. First off, the noticeable lack of Angry Birds Space seems like a major oversight, not to mention there's not much stopping me from buying all the games for my phone for about $4. If it's retailed at $20 with noticeable improvements then it may be worthwhile.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scumbag Rovio, says console gaming is dead, full retail release for every console on the market.

But seriously I'm trying as hard as I can to care right now but it just isn't working. I don't think it will sell that well if its anymore then $10 it is a 1$ app after all.

Reactions: 2 people

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's coming to the u mad? That awesome! :D

Serious tho, I was like "Why would I be mad?" then I look a retail then I was like "Oh".

There nothing stopping me from getting it free on phone, forget them worry about us getting it for only $4.

Not really sure on what they can do to get me to buy it. :glare:

gumgod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems perfect for the wii. Not graphically intensive, benifits from the control (I imagine it being like world of goo), yet Wii is oddly abscent from this list. Is Wii already so dead that it can't even get a port? :(

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Didn't see this post. My bad. :(

As a physical copy, I see this going to be priced for more than $20. It isn't really worth that much.

I hope this game gets a decent price point, although chances are pretty low.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't see this post. My bad. :(

As a physical copy, I see this going to be priced for more than $20. It isn't really worth that much.

I hope this game gets a decent price point, although chances are pretty low.

$20 is a very reliable guess, I mean Plants vs. Zombies got a retail release for $20. The price gap here is a little larger but I'm hoping they'd put new levels and such to make the games worth the money.

What not a level editor or Angry Birds Vs. while we're at it?

The Minecrafter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously? They should keep mobile phone games out of good handhelds and consoles. Otherwise, the platforms will obtain a hefty amount of shovelware games, and everyone who loves those crappy mobile touchscreen games will be begging for more of those games. In my opinion, the Angry Birds game is waaaaaay over hyped. Seriously, its basically one of those typical flash games that you can find all over the internet. But everyone seems to think that it's the best game ever, and there should be some sort of angry birds related toy or similar in any shop. The gaming companies should reconsider their decision. If it was for the eshop and the like, I would be somewhat ok with it, because that place has quite a bit of shovelware. However, releasing it as a retail cart or disk seems like the companies are jumping on the bandwagon of a poor, but popular game just to get the money from the numerous fans of the game. Game console companies like Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony,... should aim to obtain profits by releasing good quality games, not by adding some mediocre game and releasing it as a retail game. How the mighty have fallen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: you could say it fell out.