Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
xMIrcjR.jpg
It's celebration time in Rovio HQ - games from their "Angry Birds" series have been dowloaded over 2 billion of times world-wide - this accounts for 28% of the world's population. Rovio's CEO Peter Vesterbacka had this to say:​
"We're not building Angry Birds for a hundred days but for a hundred years, Mario is a great role model for anyone in games, it's been built for almost 30 years now. Hello Kitty is 40 this year and Mickey Mouse was launched in 1928 as a black-and-white cartoon, and that company is now building theme parks based on the character on every continent. We launched an iPhone game in 2009 and now 45 percent of our business comes from physical products, including drinks."
#CasualDomination ;O;

:arrow: Source

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Did they count all of the cheap chinese phones with angry birds installed as a root app?
"Downloaded". They counted the ones from all the App stores, cheapo Chinese phones likely have illegitimate versions installed because hey - nobody cares about copyrights there. ;)

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alternate Title: Rovio Angrily gives 2 billion people "the Bird"

I have to say, this is a complete shame. I mean, here you have all these people downloading this Angry Birds crap, and not one person bought my totally original game (do not steal), "Agitated Avians." There' no justice in the world, I tells ya.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
"Downloaded". They counted the ones from all the App stores, cheapo Chinese phones likely have illegitimate versions installed because hey - nobody cares about copyrights there. ;)

Also don't forget the North Korean version! It's the ultimate version. Ask anyone there. :creep:

On a serious note, it's quite impressive. 2 billion downloads would mean quite a few $ even if only 1% paid for the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm