Andy Nguyen has cracked the PS5 security

UnderJinx

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
FUCKING AWESOME
Got my ps5 5 month ago and have been in my closet ever since.
Think i'll bookmark this thread.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh. This happens with every console. There's always somebody who gets some level of elevated access, but it takes years after that to see anything public, and it's almost always from someone else with a completely different exploit, and often after a modchip or other paid mod (See: GeoHotz --> TrueBlue Dongle --> softmod CFW). Not worth feeling anything over.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh. This happens with every console. There's always somebody who gets some level of elevated access, but it takes years after that to see anything public, and it's almost always from someone else with a completely different exploit, and often after a modchip or other paid mod (See: GeoHotz --> TrueBlue Dongle --> softmod CFW). Not worth feeling anything over.
he'll probably disclose it to sony, so it will be patched I'm sure. I respect this guy tremendously for his skills. I don't really care one way or another. I'm not interested in hacking my ps5 tbh.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
he'll probably disclose it to sony, so it will be patched I'm sure. I respect this guy tremendously for his skills. I don't really care one way or another. I'm not interested in hacking my ps5 tbh.

So that‘s Sony‘s evil scheme! Make the PS5 so hard to come by that no one wants to hack theirs!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, I'm not talking about the flow. he's definitely a hacker who deserves respect. I'm talking about others who hide information or use others apps, banking on the fact that no body reads anything.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So that‘s Sony‘s evil scheme! Make the PS5 so hard to come by that no one wants to hack theirs!
well, one of my reasons for not doing mine is getting banned. that's why I was nervous about getting psn+ for $20 off. I'm sure sony has upped their game like nintendo has. with the console still being rare, I don't know if it's worth the risk.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
well, one of my reasons for not doing mine is getting banned. that's why I was nervous about getting psn+ for $20 off. I'm sure sony has upped their game like nintendo has. with the console still being rare, I don't know if it's worth the risk.

IMO you should never used a hacked console online, always have one ‘legit’ console and one ‘hacked’ one.

perkel

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If it was anyone else you wouldn’t assume the system security is cracked by just showing the debug settings…

nah, it's wide open. Flow group also have track record of being honest guys. I mean getting all keys from software is pretty much definition of wide open.

Finally some reason to own PS5 lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I've always been kind to @AncientBoi