StreetPass Riilay: The HomePass method on your phone

5ajm4zR.png

Hi! I'm Zurce (formerly DanteMx).
I have developed an App for Android that cycles the method i use to change the Mac Address of our devices, It's called StreetPass Riilay and you can download it today.

What are the requirements for this app?
As far as i know, this app should work for anyone that can change it's mac by editing the file /data/etc/wlan_macaddr0, have mobile data and root. If you fulfill this requirements this app should work out of the box with you and you should be a Happy User.

Ohh man! the app didn't work for me!
Don't worry, that's the reason the app is here , if the method that the App use to change the Mac doesn't work for you (you should see a permission denied Toast) it's probably because you're on a different device or Android version that i am, I'm currently running Sony Jelly Bean on my Xperia Z, so anyone with that set up could make the app work, and if you have a different set up and you have found a way to change the mac, please explain it to me on an Image tutorial, since (I repeat) I don't have the device and it doesn't work for me if you tell me "hey bro edit this file in /data/ called nvum.something" if i don't have the device and I don't know what i should edit from that file.

The app still a beta and most of the work that it needs to be done it's about the compatibility with the different kernels and their way to manage the Mac Address. If you guys help me we probably can get this working for most of device in 1 or 2 weeks.

Cool! You Got Any Screens?
I sure do:

3DZSnOAh.png
1IcMhUWh.png

Awesome, another question, Will this App work for Tablets?
While i don't recommend to run this app on a Tablet it should run with no problem, most of the Tablets out there are Wi-Fi so i didn't take the time to adjust the layout for Tablet, it should work with no problems but it probably would look ugly as f*ck or really small, but this is something i'll fix in future updates.

Hey I don't like "this" or "that", Change it!
If you don't like something just tell me why and if I think you're right I'll probably change it, remember StreetPass Riilay is made by me for you guys so feedback is well received.

Also if you want to help build my app better and you know how to do UI or have some tips for me, PM me, Any Help is well received too.

Everything sounds great, Is This App on the Play Store?
Unfortunately no, at least not right now, While it works for me , it probably doesn't work for a lot of people out there, so to upload it to the Play Store first i want to fix most of the problems and wide the compatibility with most devices, besides, right now I'm broke and i don't have money for the registration fee, i'll probably will in 1 week or 2 so be patient and if you wanna see this in the Play Store give me your feed back. (as well donation are super fine guys!)

So if it's not in the Play Store , How do i download it?
You need to side load the app to your phone, you simply go to Settings->Security->Unknown Sources and check that box, but you probably know this if you're already rooted.

Then download the app from here:

Google Drive Download V3.1:https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5n38nW5GD0pSVJIQThjQ2hxM3M/edit?usp=sharing
Dropbox Download V3.1 :https://www.dropbox.com/s/f3tedvc8sv0rmgj/SP Riilay V3.apk

Awesome, Anything else?

Well , I'll like to thank the original creator of the thread dicamarques and the people who helped it to make everything work, also if you like to donate it will be gladly appreciated and it will help me pay the registration fee for the Play Store :lol:

btn_donateCC_LG.gif
How to use it:
Start your mobile data.​
Go to Settings->More->Tethering & Portable Hotspot (this may vary depending your phone)​
Select Portable Wi-Fi hotspot settings.​
and configure your hotspot with this settings:​
SSID:attwifi
Security:none
if you use the "_The Cloud" SSID you'll have to configure the 3DS to use the hotspot as one of the three connections.​
Start the App and configure your settings, most of the time the 1 minute cool down time works for me, but sometimes depending on your network speed you might need 2 or 3 minutes to get the StreetPass.​
As for the starting Mac , I'll recommend it to let it as it is, but if you already streetpassed one of the macs start from there.​
Press Start Riilay and it should automatically start your hotspot and change your mac, in this point, if you see a toast telling you "Permission denied" this does not work for you​
and remember you need ROOT....
UPDATE: StreetPass Riilay V2!:
Hello! i have added a few methods more in the app, while i tested those with dummy files it probably works now in more devices, also i add a busybox method which in theory it should be compatible with all the devices out there but with sadly is not , if your device has a file with the Mac on it, like my case or hard code it in other file the busy box method will not work, but in those devices where the mac is nowhere to be found in theory it will work.
The Methods i added are:

/data/.nvmac.info
/factory/wifi/.mac.info
/data/etc/wlan_macaddr
BusyBox wlan0 devices.

Check out the new links.

Also, i changed the reconnection code so now it takes 10 to 15 minutes to reconnect the device so the 1 minute cold down it's not gonna work at least you have very good Internet.
Any doubt or question don't be afraid to ask, i'll probably update the app by Wednesday adding more Macs (i think there's 50 out there! ) a pause mode, and a notification mode where the app will notify you every 10 macs to check the Mii Plaza before to continue.
Hope i can fix all the compatibility issues as soon as possible but at least i expect the people that can use the app (that should be at least people with Xperia Z/ZL, and LG LX series i believe) is enjoying it .
PS: If the app looks uglier it's because i tried re doing the UI but failed , it shouldn't be that ugly next time.
Greetings and thank you for using my app.!
UPDATE: StreetPass Riilay V3!:
New Updated, i added some new methods as well a randomizer for the macs and Mac address up to 5F, didn't have the time to test all of them but they should work, also i extended the time for the cooldown, now instead of using 60 seconds it use 75, because the reset method for the tethering it was taking 15 seconds of the actual connection time so, now 1 minute it's equivalent to 75 seconds of time and 60 seconds of actual connection. Also i extended the times up to 15 minutes if anyone needs that much cooldown time.​
The new Methods i added are:​
/system/etc/wifi/nvram.txt
/data/misc/wifi/config
These methods use in line mac (instead of files with only the mac) so if your setup needs to edit an specific line in a file just ask for it.​
The app no automatically select the method you should use based on the location of the files, so you don't have to pick it manually anymore but the option still is there but probably is going to be gone in the next update.​
The next update will probably be August 31 since I'm going back to my university so ask for features you wanna see in the next update (that probably would be the last one before Google Play :DD )​
Also, busybox while it works in all phone or most of them, it doesn't always change the mac of some phones because they are hardcoded in some files on the system, try to search for those files if you see busybox is not working for you.

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there's Pdanet+ and FoxFi on the Google Play Store that seems like it could work with android and 3DS streetpassing. Has anyone tried these apps to see if they really work? I tried and it doesn't seem so unless I need to Unlock the app by paying for the unlock?

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
So there's Pdanet+ and FoxFi on the Google Play Store that seems like it could work with android and 3DS streetpassing. Has anyone tried these apps to see if they really work? I tried and it doesn't seem so unless I need to Unlock the app by paying for the unlock?

Anything should work. The important part is changing your MAC.

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I change the MAC to make it work? I tried going into Settings > Connections > More Networks > Tethering and Mobile Hotspot > Allowed devices > inputted the MAC addresses of both my 3DS then I started up Pdanet+ and changed Network Name to attwifi then Activate WiFi Hotspot. No streetpass green light on either of the 3DS.

Sometimes my phone keeps saying 2 devices connected to Mobile Network and it shows the two 3DS's MAC address for a five seconds and then it disappears. Is that the usage limit or something?

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
How do I change the MAC to make it work? I tried going into Settings > Connections > More Networks > Tethering and Mobile Hotspot > Allowed devices > inputted the MAC addresses of both my 3DS then I started up Pdanet+ and changed Network Name to attwifi then Activate WiFi Hotspot. No streetpass green light on either of the 3DS.

Sometimes my phone keeps saying 2 devices connected to Mobile Network and it shows the two 3DS's MAC address for a five seconds and then it disappears. Is that the usage limit or something?

The 3DS only connects for a while then disconnects.
And you have to change the WiFi MAC of your phone.

drobb

Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay i can use the wifi tether app to get passes but so far i have yet to get this to work. im using a rooted stock rom at&t galaxy s3 running 4.1.2 with busybox installed. has anyone gotten this to work on the same? if so what settings.

D

Deleted-236924

None of the methods work for Samsung Nexus S. :/
Not sure how to try and find which file to edit exactly for the Nexus S.

Gonna try and see if BusyBox will install properly.

It seemed to be working, need to see if I will actually get streetpasses now.

Edit: My 3DS can't even connect to my wi-fi hotspot when riilay is running...

Akotan

Mathematical!
Trophies
Website
www.viciocriativo.com
XP
Country
Brazil
None of the methods work for Samsung Nexus S. :/
Not sure how to try and find which file to edit exactly for the Nexus S.

Gonna try and see if BusyBox will install properly.

It seemed to be working, need to see if I will actually get streetpasses now.

Edit: My 3DS can't even connect to my wi-fi hotspot when riilay is running...

It worked for me. I rooted my GNexus using this app: http://www.wugfresh.com/
It installs everything you need except Riilay.

But now I'm wondering how many Streetpasses this method allows 3DS to do per turn? One for MAC address, one every 8 hours...
I got only one Streetpass by now.

edit: I have a question: do you need to set up a 3DS connection to get Streetpasses?
I set a conection profile up to tell 3DS the attwifi hotspot exists but I think this is not working so well. Because every time the handheld gets one Streetpass and it stops working when Riilay changes the MAC address to get another SP, I think.

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it to work. My device (epic 4g touch) uses the "/factory/wifi/.mac.info" method but the file is located at /efs/wifi/.mac.info so I linked /efs to /factory. I guess add /efs/wifi/.mac.info to the list and use the same method as the other .mac.info

Zurce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for being off i promise as soon as i get the nexus 5 i'll make everything as possible to update the app to 4.4 and add a tons of features and finally a playstore release

Also does anyone else know if there's a way to clone the gamestop pokemon events, it would be awesome if i could add that to my app.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Sorry for being off i promise as soon as i get the nexus 5 i'll make everything as possible to update the app to 4.4 and add a tons of features and finally a playstore release

Also does anyone else know if there's a way to clone the gamestop pokemon events, it would be awesome if i could add that to my app.

From what I know, the used a special cartridge to broadcast the signal for the events.

meleaina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running a rooted stock Galaxy s3. I can connect to the ds with wifi tether app, and running riilay with dropbox method but no streetpasses. anyone know how to get this going on the s3?

Kolma

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Kolma.info
XP
Country
United States
I have an evo3d with Mirage kernel the mac address is the first line in calibration found at system/ect. here is a copy of the file, had to add txt to upload but the file is just calibration. Awesome idea you have going here.

I also second this method, I too have an Evo 3D with Mirage kernel

drobb

Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running a rooted stock Galaxy s3. I can connect to the ds with wifi tether app, and running riilay with dropbox method but no streetpasses. anyone know how to get this going on the s3?

im using a stock rooted s3 as well and this doesnt work for it at all. the only way that works is using the wifi tether app.
the file/method used is nvram_net.txt found in system/etc/wifi

meleaina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im using a stock rooted s3 as well and this doesnt work for it at all. the only way that works is using the wifi tether app.
the file/method used is nvram_net.txt found in system/etc/wifi

I tried that and riilay says file not found and java.lang.nullpointer exception. Is there some setting to change in the tether app?. Im in att so the wifi hotspot isnt available in the regular settings

drobb

Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried that and riilay says file not found and java.lang.nullpointer exception. Is there some setting to change in the tether app?. Im in att so the wifi hotspot isnt available in the regular settings

im on att as well and riilay wont work. dont even bother with it till its updated to work with the correct file. with the wifi tether app just choose the gs3 device profile pulldown in settings. auto setup method, chech netd max, check mac spoof check wifi driver reload 2. those are my settings oh and check bluetooth. everything else i have unchecked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: With uremum