1. DarkKnigh_t

DarkKnigh_t GBAtemp Fan

Croatia
    carbon rom is based on cm i think. yea im using cyanaosp which is based on cm and semaphore kernel. il try flashing devil kernel and if it doesnt work il flash another rom :) thanks for your help ill report back :)

2. CrimzonEyed

CrimzonEyed GBAtemp Addict

Does not work on note 2 (n7100)
    Could you please add support for the path:
    /efs/wifi/.mac.info

3. syrusdark

syrusdark Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    So, I updated my Galaxy Note to Jellybean, and the Busybox method stopped working :( The ipconfig command on the Terminal still says the MAC is changing, but the 3DS gets no data.

EDIT: Updated the Riilay, and it started working again :P It worked once, then never again... It appears the problem is with the tethering, not the app, though.

4. Tomy Sakazaki

Tomy Sakazaki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Brazil
    Can you tell us what ROM are you using on your S4? It's factory unlocked or is it locked to one (or some) carriers only?
    I have one S4 factory unlocked with Stock 4.3 ZTO (Brazilian retail) ROM, rooted, but the busybox method doesn't change the MAC Address and all other methods failed.

5. Chaosruler

Chaosruler GBAtemp Fan

Israel
    I managed to get something named "Nintendo Zone" installed on my 3DS console!
    I managed to connect to that Nintendo Zone page! (saying it's "coming soon" -_-")
    but I still won't get streetpass hits, am I doing something wrong?
    I have Paranoid Android 3.99RC2 on I9300, installed your software, chose the /factory/ method, it didn't deny or say it doesn't work... I also changed my portable WiFi hotspot SSID to attwifi and removed any encryption method to it

6. anjelchyld

anjelchyld Member
    Newcomer

I am using stock 4.2.2 French ROM, factory unlocked and rooted. Have you installed busybox first?

7. anjelchyld

anjelchyld Member
    Newcomer

All I did was install Streetpass Riilay, installed busybox (pretty much the first installer I found from the Playstore), configured my wifi hotspot name to "attwifi" and that was it.

8. iCECORE

iCECORE Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Which roms support mac address changes?

9. Pippin666

Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Canada
    I THINK, when you install a custom rom on your phone, it becomes rooted. The you can use app to change the mac address. I would like to do the same with my phone, but I don't know wich rom supports my carrier.

Pip'

10. Setsna

Setsna Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    For Galaxy S2 Users as myself, maybe this works for you guys.
    I tried Riilay with any possible setting (busybox settings too), but nothing worked, same was with Wifi Tether, I'm using Android 4.2.2 (Slim Bean Rom Official 8 with Dorimanx 9.43 Kernel).

But now I got atleast for Wifi Tether a working setup.

Download Wifi Tether for Root Users 3.4 Experimental from here -> https://code.google.com/p/android-w...etail?name=wifi_tether_v3_4-experimental1.apk and Busybox Installer from here (or directly from the Playstore) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=stericson.busybox&hl=de

Then Install the latest Busybox version (1.21.1) and use this Settings for WiFi Tether:

Device Profil - Samsung Galaxy S2
    Setup Methog - Auto
    Send Netd Max Client Cmd - Checked!
    Send No Tether-Interface Cmd - Checked!
    Change SSID - attwifi
    Change Channel - Channel 2 (Thats on of these channels that is "Empty" in my area, not for if this makes a difference)
    Mac Address Spoof - Checked!
    Change MAC - Use a MAC Address from here ->https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvvH5W4E2lIwdEFCUkxrM085ZGp0UkZlenp6SkJablE#gid=0 (you can cycle thru them after receiving youre Streetpass)
    WiFi Driver Reload - Checked!
    WiFi Driver Reload 2 - Checked!
    Enable Access Control - Checked!
    Routing Fix - Checked!

I hope this helps some people here until Zurce gets Riilay working for any SGS2 Device with any Rom/Android Version.

11. BeNiSh

BeNiSh Newbie
    Newcomer

Hi, I have Xperia Pro and already tried few rooted ROMs even not CM based and still not able spoof WLAN MAC (full wipe etc.). not even with busybox, instalation of BB always ends with some errors. how can I find, where in ROM is written MAC of wlan0/1 ? I tried all solutions what I founded, but still WiFi is with original MAC (scanned on diferent devices). what I can do now, any advice for me?

12. CrimzonEyed

Seems like I can get it to "work" but I can't get streetpass data.(internet seems to work thoug so maybe the mac isn't changing?)

13. ATypicalSe7en

ATypicalSe7en Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I have a problem well I did everything and got Street pass riilay to work ( Unlike the WiN 7 method which I gave up on) on my Droid Razr but the second I got the street pass aka the green light and started the plaza for some reason I got 7 Passes. Is that normal? I set the cooldown time to 15 min. and randomized the Mac address. I'll keep an update on it but I don't think this was suppose to happen

14. CrimzonEyed

I get 6-7 passes(miiplaza) for every mac so far.

ATypicalSe7en likes this.
  15. ATypicalSe7en

ATypicalSe7en Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Ah that's good too know I just wanted to be sure in case :D

16. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Gambia, The
    Hi, I got a little problem making this work... I got a LG 4x HD p880 and it seems to work... as Im able to create a wifi hotspot (attwifi/no security) and my 3ds xl (6.3 emunand gateway 2.0 beta) is showing the nintendo zone app and is showing that it is receiving an internet connection via this hotspot (I made sure, there is no internet connection set up via my router, so it is definitely getting the internet access via the hotspot) and the program is showing no errors and keeps switching macs but for the love of christ, I am not getting ANY streetpasses ... ... so I read that can happen, when the mobile data connection is slow and I got a slow connection, so I increased the cooldown time to 10 minutes, but I am still not getting any passes.... any idea, what is causing this?

edit: turns out, it doesnt change the mac address, only shows that it does, but doesnt actually, lol ... .... ...

17. xblackdemonx

xblackdemonx Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    it works great on Galaxy S3 Canadian (Rogers) edition! thank you very much!!!
    Edit: I thought it was working but it only gets me "local" streetpasses, it downloads nothing from the internet.

18. Crescendo__

Crescendo__ Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    I have a note II too... how do you made it work?
    it doesn't gime any errors and the MAC turns... but I don't see any streetpass

19. ehnoah

ehnoah GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    MAC Spoof working, but sadly Streetpass not! Nintendo Zone working attwifi say "Avaliable soon" _The Cloud work well but "Streetpass Light" don't light up.... :(

Any Tips why the Light not start flackering? :o or Streetpass startting

PS: Tried now secound Mobile Phone with the /system/ etc... method. Also find the Nintendo WIFI Zone + connecting but thats all no Streetpass working :-(

Sadly...

PS3: It seems it not spoof the MAC Address correctly :X

20. fatcat1413

fatcat1413 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    When I try to use the app on my phone with the busybox method as that's the only method that'll work on my old Sanyo Zio, I get the android app on my wifi on my 2DS but when it does the connection test it fails everytime :| Can someone maybe help me out with this problem?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - StreetPass, [Android], HomePass