Homebrew Android phone as usb storage for Wii u

HajiSaiku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an old Android phone laying around and I was wondering if you could store GCN and Wii games on it and use it as a USB device on a homebrewed Wii u.

marazzmatika

Naive guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I have an old Android phone laying around and I was wondering if you could store GCN and Wii games on it and use it as a USB device on a homebrewed Wii u.
Sorry,I misread it. You can use it,if it has UMS (USB Mass Storage) option. But for channels on Wii U (e.g. Super Mario Sunshine with gamepad support) you can't use it,because they installed in a special partition on a SD.

Last edited by marazzmatika,

HajiSaiku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can if you use sd card and if your android supports usb mass storage
But what if your phone doesn't have a SD card but can be rooted to use USB mass storage? I also have Nintendont as a forwarder on the Wii u side which allows gamepad usage

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Oh ok cool now only thing left to do is figure out how to root that phone n set it up for ums

You shouldn't need to root the phone to enable UMS. Most old phones have support for it as standard; when you plug it in to the WiiU the phone should give you an option to "connect mass storage" or something like that.

If your phone doesn't support UMS as standard then I don't think rooting will help. You may well need to install a whole new ROM to enable the feature.

HajiSaiku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I believe at one point it did have ums but an system update had changed it but didn't remove it from the system so you got to root it for the ums feature or download an app that uses ums

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: