Android Hunter A - Official GBAtemp Video Review

Remember Mega Man? Specifically Mega Man X? Well, developer DigiPlox sure does, with its new action platformer Android Hunter A attempting to recreate the gameplay formula with shiny graphics. However, is a new coat of paint enough to make Android Hunter A stand out on its own? Find out in the official GBAtemp video review!

Master X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, how accurate are the games hardware requirements?

Steam lists the minimum as a 980, and... I'm not really seeing that kind of quality in the screenshots. Then again, the game also lists a 1060 as the recommended card, despite the 980 slightly outperforming it.

Maybe it's accurate, but such a large disparity between specific hardware (In this case, the minimum cpu which is a Phenom II X3...) comes off as a red flag - A rather blatant way for the dev to deny and ignore performance issues.

Edit - Probably a better Mega Man game than Mighty No. 9. Not exactly a high of a bar, but still...

Edit 2 - For those wondering 'Why robo boobs?', go take a look at their previous game Rainbow Robin.

Last edited by Master X,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ick. I'm always onboard for a new Megaman and it's clones but there are already better indy clones. 20XX I am looking at you....

Megaman style looks best in pixels, these shit polygon models always ruin it.

I am sure both may have some fans but original Mega man X > Looks better than Maverick Hunter X remake. The late PS2 games with Axl all sucked and looked like ass.

Stop doing Mega man games in polygons, 3D backgrounds? Maybe but you need to look at viewtiful joy style cell shading or what platinum games does, cuphead etc for a new take on megaman graphics.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited by jimbo13,

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are only 2 3D X games (not counting the remakes), one good, one bad. which one of them are you referring to?
x7 and x8 are both pretty terrible experiences, though x8 is slightly less horrendous than the other. This game seems better than those two logs, at any rate.

Last edited by osaka35,

KanterZ

Modder.
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I've been reviewing a lot of games and this, by far, is the only game that I gave a 2.6/10 (based on several factors which you can look at here).
It's just bad.

It might take years for it to be a game that's just decent even if they're actively updating it right now.

Last edited by KanterZ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8