Boy12

NOT a new member!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi!
So i just got my new phone yesterday, and i would like to install a mod/tweak for my device.
However, what do i need to do if i no longer want the mod?
Completely wipe the phone and flash back to stock, or can i just remove the mod and continue on with my device?
Thank's in advance!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You'll have to provide us with more info than that. What are you referring to? A custom ROM? Some application that modifies the OS? What do you mean by "mod", exactly?

Boy12

NOT a new member!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You'll have to provide us with more info than that. What are you referring to? A custom ROM? Some application that modifies the OS? What do you mean by "mod", exactly?

Sorry, i was a bit unclear right there.
It's basiclly a few files modifieing the OS, so that it has Galaxy S5 like features (look, dropdown menu etc,).
However, it's not a custom ROM, just download the .zip file and install via Recovery.
I did some research online, and i read something about backing up your NAND, so you can restore via that?
EDIT
Here's a good example: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...-galaxy-s4-flare-lockscreen-stock-jb-t2278437

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Seems you haven't gotten your answer yet...

What you need to do is make a NANDROID backup in your custom recovery (Clockword Mod, TWRP, etc) BEFORE you install the mod. It's always recommended you make a backup before you install anything via recovery, in case something goes wrong. Once you make a backup, you can restore back to it if you're done using the mod/something doesn't work. If you care about your app data (like save games or such for certain apps), it's recommended to make some app data backups in Titanium Backup before you restore, so you don't lose any app data when you decide to revert back.

Reactions: Boy12

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, My friend passed away 3 days ago. :( +1