Tutorial  Updated

AndroidPass, an alternative for the StreetPass Riilay

Hello,

Its been a while since i wrote i was doing an app for me to use the streetpass on my 3ds.
I used the Riilay app, and didn't worked for me, and seems the dev has halted the development of his app.

I present you a new app, with basic gui, but works for me.

Working methods (tested by me):
/data/.nvmac.info
/efs/wifi/.mac.info
/data/misc/wifi/hostapd.conf

Working methods (tested by users):
/data/misc/wifi/WCNSS_qcom_cfg.ini
/persist/WCNSS_qcom_wlan_factory_nv.bin

To be tested methods:
/data/misc/wifi/config
/system/etc/wifi/nvram.txt
/data/etc/wlan_macaddr0
/factory/wifi/.mac.info
/data/etc/wlan_macaddr

(BusyBox methods dont work or are kernel dependant)
BusyBox: ifconfig
BusyBox: ip link
BusyBox: Old tether softAP method (added, but not sure if it would work, maybe i will remove it later if no one uses it or not working)

Want to add more methods?
Send me a pm with a sample file for the file to be edited, and ill work to implement it asap.
Don't be afraid to send any "original macs" or try to edit out the macs with A,B,C,D,E or F.

I would want to add more methods and a BusyBox method, but i dont have more Androids with me and my pc is old and cant run the emulator.

The app needs root, and is stright forward.

The app works with the SD card mainly:
/"sd"/macs/...
macs.txt : a list of macs to be readed. (Yes, is needed to run the program and can be customized)
config.properties : The config from the app, i hate when phone data is used to store config.
On this file you can edit the "original_mac" and when the app is closing it will restore the mac you provided, useful with a whitelisted network. Ex: 00:11:22:33:44:55
on the /"sd"/
AndroidPass-Log.txt : Do not exists always, but it contains crash log(s) for the app.

The program features an auto updater.
And no need to wait X minutes to change MACs, just dont wait to timeout and when the 3DS disconnects (or no more clients are connected), it will change the mac right away.

If your AndroidPass has stopped working for some reason, post the crash log file.

Im thinking to release the source somewhere on the net, and then anyone who wants to implement some features could, in theory, work with me and make it more "compatible". If there is some devs that want to be involved in this, contact me and if i get some, ill publishit somewhere.

Donations are much apreciated.

Download link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/hvrqikrqp3cs4ck/StreetPass.apk

If for some reason the link above is not the current version, use the workspace version https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0sy8e7i1s5u1mh/StreetPass.apk (this file is used for testing, keep in mind that this version is the work in progress one, and may contain not working things or major crashes)

Later on i will feature a stable or debug release, the current link will be the debug release.

-Ismaw34

WARNING
* Some kernels need special "magic" features (specially the 4.3+) that i dont know how to work with.
* If you need to patch any "binary" file, i can edit the mac too, refer to the methods /data/misc/wifi/WCNSS_qcom_cfg.ini and /persist/WCNSS_qcom_wlan_factory_nv.bin
* If you are using the /data/misc/wifi/hostapd.conf method, and you change the HotSpot name on your phone but it doen't change, is a usual bug, that is that on the current state i cant read root files inside the java code and i need to manage them via shell. Just delete the /data/misc/wifi/hostapd.conf.bak file, edit your config and then it would be ready to go.

Last edited by Ismaw34,

AlBa

Trophies
XP
Country
Confirmed working LG G2 on 4.4.4 Had to force busy box old tether for wifi to auto activate and the app not to crash.busy box will auyo change the wifi but not the IP address if i set IFconfig. so i have to turn on wifi hotspot ever 30 seconds lol.
old tether refreshes it fine though
Hi, which rom is is ? is it LG stock 4.4.4 or Cyanogenmod ?
Custom or stock kernel ?

Last edited by AlBa,

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, which rom is is ? is it LG stock 4.4.4 or Cyanogenmod ?
Custom or stock kernel ?
Why would anyone use 4.4 cyanogen mod on G2 when higher was out it was a stock based rom

WOrks also on the 5.0 stock based rom

AlBa

Trophies
XP
Country
its was the d802 variant with dorimanx should work on all thugh like i said i had to force busybox
Thanks ! I'll give it a try, doesn't work on CM12.1 at all :D
Edit : doesn't work with dorimanx 9.8 and IceX 5.0.2 v4.5, will test with dorimanx 9.9 asap
Edit : doesn't work with dorimanx 9.9 either. In all cases, app just hang, doesn't stop, have to kill it. Wifi then stops working, got to fix it by switching airplane mode on and off

Last edited by AlBa,

Kyrat

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
gYWAE2W
wyZJs2B

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi guys, thanks for your amazing work, I have using this app since Cyanogenmod 11. Now I have a LG G2 Mini with Resurrection Remix rom with Android 6.0. In this rom it doesn't work. I would like to use it on my phone. Please! Give me this piece of happiness :bow::bow:

I posted two screenshots of the notes in my phone when I tried to run the app

That's the lini of the screenshots:

http://imgur.com/gYWAE2W
http://imgur.com/wyZJs2B

Last edited by Kyrat,

Feeling it!

Pure Logical Feels.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Can this work on a phone without a plan but with an internet connection?
2. I do not understand where the tutorial itself is or how to set it up.
3. Does this require any kind of jailbreaking on a phone?

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I tried running this app, and after I tried, the app crashed when I hit "start" and after that, my phone's entire WiFi wouldn't work after that for some reason.

No idea what happened there, I'm currently running a restore via TWRP.
EDIT: Restore fixed it as expected, damn lucky I had a backup or I would've had to manually figure out what your app screwed up.

I'm running rooted 5.1.1 Lolipop with Xposed and Busybox installed, though I used whatever method your app decided was best.

Phone is an LG G Stylo. No luck getting it to work.

Last edited by CheatFreak47,

Rangnarok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am hoping someone who has similar android version as I am could help

I am running on Motorola Razr (XT890). on Cyanogenmod 11 (Android 4.4).

I just can't get it to work. How do you change which method to use? I can only either Choose "Busybox" or Forcefile, and I can't choose which file(method) or location to use.

Thanks in advance

vikeyev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The app just crashes on start on my VFD300. It crashes and comes up down the bottom with some hostapd.conf file. Tried both versions, same thing.

EDIT: I should mention, I do get the Nintendo Zone popup on my 3ds after starting this app, but no streetpasses and as mentioned before, I can't access the app itself.

Last edited by vikeyev,

Ismaw34

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The app just crashes on start on my VFD300. It crashes and comes up down the bottom with some hostapd.conf file. Tried both versions, same thing.

EDIT: I should mention, I do get the Nintendo Zone popup on my 3ds after starting this app, but no streetpasses and as mentioned before, I can't access the app itself.
Hello,

If there is a crash, there must be a AppCrash.log somewhere on the root of the internal memory or the sd card. Please Check and send it back.

Thanks.

IzeC0ld

N$K867
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Could there ever be a iOS version of this if someone knew how to convert .apk to .ipa? But it would present problems because you cannot use a micro ad on iOS but you could use a usb

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could there ever be a iOS version of this if someone knew how to convert .apk to .ipa? But it would present problems because you cannot use a micro ad on iOS but you could use a usb
You can't "convert" an package containing executables for one platform to the format for the packaged executables of another
that is literally impossible

That's like if I tried to that is the equivalent to asking a bakery "could there ever be a 5 star, expertly cooked steak sold here if you knew how to bake some beef?"

Last edited by CheatFreak47,

IzeC0ld

N$K867
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well yeah it is pretty impossible because android source code uses xml and java and iOS source code uses swift and obj-c. So you would have to rebuild it in that code that I don't know. So I can't build it

Oh and bakery's don't sell meat

I knew I just thought of android pass being on iOS pass but iOS pass. But I knew you can't convert apk to IPA. So I don't know why I commented

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol