1. Ismaw34

OP Ismaw34 GBAtemp Regular

This days i was some busy making some code more understandeable for a posible public source release, please try the workspace version, and if it crashes, post the last thing on your clipboard.
    Unless you have a warinig saying the file cant be modified :\

-Ismaw34

2. TheCrimsonDevil

Newcomer

United States
  3. Ismaw34

They may be the same version, but they are different in code.

-Ismaw34

4. crazyj3ss

crazyj3ss hmm

United States
    So, and at the risk of sounding cray, are those instructions clear clear? It could be the phone I'm using but I've been trying to see if I could get it to work on 5.0.2 like others say apparently is working. :P

5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    No it's literally the same link. They both point to the same URL.
    Also neither of the versions work for me. The workspace version detects .mac.info as the right method to use, but fails to modify it (the file doesn't exist, is it supposed to? I managed to create it just fine with a terminal but it still failed. I also made sure /efs was mounted rw first). Also no GUI shows up on that version. The other version only lets me use the busybox methods and none of them work (it just screws with the wifi enabled setting and then gets stuck)
    I'm on a Galaxy Note 3, Android 4.4.2 using OmegaDroid ROM.
    After I updated to 4.4.2 OmegaDroid (was on 4.3 stock before, or maybe it was 4.2, I don't update my phone very often) StreetPass Riilay stopped working

6. Petoboy

Petoboy Member
    Newcomer

France
    Hi !
    Added your experience to that spreadsheet, can you give me more details so i can fill the blanks? :D

7. stonegolem

stonegolem Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Everything was working perfectly before update.

1) Now, AndroidpPass says "download new version"
    2) Everything except "update" is greyed out (I can't use the software)
    3) I press update and download the new version
    4) AndroidPass tries to install but it says "Application not installed"

I'm using an old Samsung Mini (S5570)
    Android version 2.3.5 (rooted)

Please don't force people to update :( please make it optional when an update comes. But now it seems it's too late for me.

edit:
    The solution I found is:
    1) disabling 3g network to fake AndroidPass update
    2) starting old version AndroidPass
    3) enabling 3g network
    4) using outdated AndroidPass

info:
    When I completely delete the previous version, I can install the new version. However it says "selected method file can not be modified, make it RW" and AndroidPass closes itself. My Phone is rooted and AndroidPass has superuser privileges. I don't know how old version can modify the so called file and new version can not.

8. Ismaw34

Sorry for being so late replaying your post, some things happened this week and i got some time to fix this.
    I fixed the panic exit on start, now works as spected, can you try out the new workspace version?
    Thanks.

9. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    Still behaves the same way.

10. Ismaw34

Sorry about the app not being up to date, i stoped the dropbox sync yestaerday. Im starting the "working computer" right now, give it some minutes and try again.
    Im sorry, but it should be ready again in a couple of minutes.

-Ismaw34

11. osui818

osui818 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Its the androidpass still work? Im using rooted galaxy s5. How do i get the app work with my phone? Is there any step by step guide? Thank you

12. Ismaw34

Try the workspace version if you need busybox.

13. Necrojinsei

Necrojinsei GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Question, so I have my hotspot open, and I"m attempting to get it to switch macs.

I'm using a rooted Android LG G3 Vigor with 5.0.2 lollipop. I have the app open and it appears that I am receiving an error

I get the message
    data/misc/wifi/config can't be modified, mount your path as rw. What exactly does this mean other than the obvious, that it cannot edit the file through that method? What are some steps I can take to maybe fixing the problem?

14. Ismaw34

It means, that the path is trying to modify is read only or does not have permission to be modified. The one way you could try to fix it is mount the path as read-write or the file needs to be deleted because is a leftover (backup just in case) and reboot.
    There are many apps that can mount filesystems as rw, just find one on any app store.

15. Ryan86

Ryan86 Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Hello! I was using AndroidPass in a Samsung GT S5570 (a Galaxy "S1" Mini), but after falling to the ground so much, the screen just broke, and then I got a Sony D2104 (an Xperia E1): however, I couldn't get to root it at all. I then started searching for any old smartphone some friend would not use, so I could have it to run AndroidPass.

Eventually I found a Samsung GT-S5310 (a Galaxy Neo Pocket) phone. It was quite the work but I managed to root it eventually. I installed AP, it seems all nice and good, but... It's only changing the MAC when I click on Start.

After the time finishes (it doesn't matter if I let it finish on its own, if I forcibly press Next, or even have it not wait for time to finish and jump to the next MAC address automatically), the mac.info file (/efs/wifi/mac.info) does not update, and thus, my 3DS won't get a SP hit. As of now, I have to manually Stop and Start it, to force the change to occur.

Any ideas? (if someone knows the secret to root the Sony D2104, why, I'll take that, too)

16. Ryan86

Ryan86 Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    No one, I guess? =(

17. Ismaw34

I encountered the same problem during my tests on the problem.
    I recently faced a hard drive crash and the project is frozen, i have plans on fixing this and releasing the source for anyone that want to help with this,

Just a little more patience.
    Thanks.

18. Ryan86

Ryan86 Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Just so everyone knows, it's now working like a charm! Thanks a lot Ismaw, for your hard work!

19. AlBa

AlBa GBAtemp Regular

Can you guys here contribute on this sheet plz ?

20. kbmarinha

kbmarinha Life sucks...

Brazil
    Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!
    I have a s3 neo 4.4.4 and only this app worked for me. Thank you!!

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - alternative, AndroidPass, StreetPass