No worries. same here. just getting around to serious, non-work related thoughts again.Sorry for my late reply, much work today.
it’s unfortunate when other people don’t want to learn. This is really cool stuff.I always wanted to write a guide but never made it. And nobody at psxtools was interested either. Many also think you will be banned for it.
1. Dump and nuke…do you mean get rid of it completely and not use HOS at all until I decide to restore from backup at later date?I've had Horizon, Android and Linux together on the emmc for 1.5 years. So far without a ban. And I play often Minecraft online.
If you have a normal 32gb emmc you have 2 possible solutions.
1. Dump your rawnand.bin and nuke your emmc
2. resize your user partition and add a partition for Ubuntu
2. This makes more sense to me as I would like to retain all functionality.
Not necessary at this point. You have given plenty of guidance. I’m pretty sure I understand the process now and am ready for the challenge (and possible loss of my Switch!)If you need a quick guide I can write one for you.
this is exciting and will be the excuse I tell my wife for why I’m spending so much money on my toys.it runs better than on an SD card (no slowdowns) but emulation doesn't get any better. you can roughly compare it to an SSD.
but the effort is not worth it if you have no greater EMMC.
Android on the emmc responds much faster than from the SD card. This is because the access times are almost twice as fast.
^^Great document. Everything makes total sense now. Thank you!
256G emmc chips have gotten a little more expensive but having Android (and L4T) on emmc is the use case I was looking for to do the 32G -> 256G chip swap. To be honest I really want to do it just to learn how to reball an emmc.
here is my plan (please tell me if it is foolish):
1) use Ubuntu (raspberry pi) to mount my Switch emmc via Hekate and resize User partition to include 8G for Android and 8G for L4T
2) use remainder of User for HOS. I don’t use save games that heavily so I don’t use/need a lot of emmc space
3) Experience using Android and L4T on emmc with limited HOS space while I wait for 256G chip to arrive.
4) buy one of these:
Second hand $68 new is $176? WTF?
5) buy this reader
6) buy reball gear
7a) copy 32G to 256G and expand Android to 32G and Linux to 32G and HOS to 192G
7b) Start from scratch and repartition/reinstall everything