Android 4.3 - Samsung Galaxy S3 (Verizon) - Should I update?

Discussion in 'Android' started by DiscostewSM, Dec 22, 2013.

1. DiscostewSM
    OP

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Sacramento, California
    Model number - SCH-I535.10
    Android version - 4.1.2

The update has been downloaded to my phone and is ready to be updated. However, I wanted to check online about any potential problems it may have, as I recall when it originally got released and recalled shortly after because of problems. Unfortunately, the only links that popped up in my search referred to the update being available and nothing else.

I'm mainly looking forward to performance improvements, and if this update reduces instead of improves, then I have no reason to update. My phone is also not rooted (which means my phone's performance is already reduced due to bloatware). I've tried some things out like PPSSPP and other various emulators, and the performance with PPSSPP is not too bad but could be better. Anyone have some insight to this? Should I update?

2. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    This update fixed the problems of the last release
    Waiting for a knox free rom though and with verizons crap apps removed along with most of samsungs

3. DiscostewSM
    OP

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Sacramento, California

Glad to hear it fixes the problems of the last one. Any idea if it improves performance?

4. CrimzonEyed

CrimzonEyed GBAtemp Addict

Sep 3, 2007
    Well there is the normal android bugfixes in each update and subtle new features. There is also new video drivers from Samsung that improves the performance of the GPU. Try google around on "galaxy s3 4.3 changelog"