Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Ever wonder what new supernatural romance "saga" (it's more of a soap opera, really) will come riding in on Twilight's coat tails? Penny Arcade hazarded a guess once:

675414490_3mN9N-L.jpg

They were close, but not quite there.

rolleyes.gif

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hahaha.

I told them they should have killed Stephanie Meyer before she could ruin about a decade of books.

Then again it's nothing Harry Potter didn't already start, eh. (Although at least they didn't go making up mythological species and giving them the names of already defined ones like Vampires ; If you think that 'thing' from Twilight is a vampire, you are sorely mistaken).

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Vampires dont actually exist, therefore you can't define them yourself, only your mear opinion based on what YOU know.

And get over it, Obviously something is good about these books, people are buying them, and if there is sales, why not keep writing them?
I rather like this how new idea of a vampire and im glad its opening up different varients, instead of everyone having the same god damn opinion, people just refuse to accept other peoples ideas >_>

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
outgum said:
And get over it, Obviously something is good about these books, people are buying them, and if there is sales, why not keep writing them?
Hopefully when you say people you mean girls instead. I do not know of a single (straight) guy who likes Twilight and doesn't just say it to try to get laid.

That alone should be enough to clue you in on why people hate the series.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Heres your first guy then?
I'm Straight, I have a girlfriend, and i dont say it to get laid?
and i brought them to read them, and i enjoyed them, and i believe i got my moneys worth
So i cant see WHY people cant enjoy the series, i did.
I THINK its the fact that someone FINALLY gave a different opinion on a vampire, and since people in todays society get beaten down for there ideas, that it lead to it being completely hated.

And im not just refering to twilight now, I mean the whole genre of like a vampire romance, which ALL the producers are doing now, so its obviously liked?

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
outgum said:
Vampires dont actually exist, therefore you can't define them yourself, only your mear opinion based on what YOU know.

Oh, this response again.

I'll give you an easy to understand version:
You create a mythological creature, it's a white horse with a single horn, you call it a Unicorn.
They are known for being in touch with nature, drinking their blood makes you immortal, there's a few other things that make it a unique. You craeted this whole imaginary 'species', gave it details and gave it as awhole a name.

From now on when you hear of the term Unicorn it relates to those things specifically or rather the mythological species that contains those characteristics.

If I come out of nowhere and define a dragon with wings who has scales as hard as rock and call him a "Unicorn" I've 'stolen' the name and used it wrongly. It's terrible and is killing fantasy.

EDIT: Oh man I saw the rest of your post, OH MAN, OH MAN, response below:
QUOTE(outgum @ Dec 11 2009, 03:07 PM) And get over it, Obviously something is good about these books, people are buying them, and if there is sales, why not keep writing them?
I rather like this how new idea of a vampire and im glad its opening up different varients, instead of everyone having the same god damn opinion, people just refuse to accept other peoples ideas >_>
No, that isnot the case AT ALL.
In fact the 'popular' thing tends to be the shittiest.
1)Macs - Windows do everything they do and better
2)Norton Antivirus - I could name at least 30 free antivirus that do a better job, and paid ones that succeed so far past Norton it's not funny.
3)iPods - They have shitty format support, everything in their store was DRM, it was all shit, the iPods themselves were/are flimsy, cost 5x as much as the next brand with the same space on it

I could give a ton of other examples too. Mainstream is almost always worse than the alternative. Very few times has the mainstream option been the better option.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
outgum said:
and i brought them to read them, and i enjoyed them, and i believe i got my moneys worth
I THINK its the fact that someone FINALLY gave a different opinion on a vampire, and since people in todays society get beaten down for there ideas, that it lead to it being completely hated.

And im not just refering to twilight now, I mean the whole genre of like a vampire romance, which ALL the producers are doing now, so its obviously liked?
Then obviously you don't read much or you enjoy glittering vampires in totally straight way
rolleyes.gif

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
outgum said:

>Here
>i
>i
>dont
>i
>i
>i
>i
>opinion used incorrectly
>todays
>there
>lead

Jesus Christ could you make anymore blatant mistakes in one post. This is probably exactly why you like Twilight, it's targeted to estrogen filled teenage girls and 30 year old obese women who want to be loved. The reason you like it is that you haven't realized that you're homosexual yet, or you really want a girl like that Kristen chick. I mean the only other option is that you never had a father who taught you what gay was.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Pyrofyr said:
If I come out of nowhere and define a dragon with wings who has scales as hard as rock and call him a "Unicorn" I've 'stolen' the name and used it wrongly. It's terrible and is killing fantasy.
Vamipres were initially bloated, purple, mindless creatures without fangs that killed cattle and spread disease. Bram Stoker "took the name and used it wrongly". Your point is moot.

Shinryuji

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Vampires were originally made up by Romainan farmers to scare children to sleep, Dracula just had a habit of cutting peoples heads off and raping virgin girls. FARMERS GOT PISSED. Long story short. He got his head stuck on a spike and became one of the most famous icons of classic horror.

Who cares whether his point is moot? The vampires that Stephanie Meyer created are more like blood thirsty ogres. Being made of diamond and all.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Veho said:
Shinryuji said:
Who cares whether his point is moot?
Who cares whether vampires sparkle? Seriously, who gives a crap?
>Search for book at library with term "Vampire"
>Receive Sparkle

A lot of people care. That's why there's a huge community of people who hate Twilight (about as big as the teenage girls loving it).

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
outgum said:

You poor thing.

You should have put your foot down and said no, even if you were the feminist type saying no would be a good call because the movie is a bad example for girls and women, it would've helped your girlfriend out.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Pyrofyr said:
A lot of people care. That's why there's a huge community of people who hate Twilight (about as big as the teenage girls loving it).
And both are equally ridiculous.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: