Gaming And the best PS4 VR games are...

Deleted member 42501

OP
Trophies
XP
I'll get the ball rolling with:

Wipeout Omega Collection

Unbelievably good and a true next gen experience as you're literally sitting inside the ship, flying around the track at insane speeds. There are a few niggles like they've obviously changed/tuned the physics a little bit as the craft don't handle exactly like they did before and (oddly) there is a lack of the feeling of speed at times compared to the old TV view but the immersion is out of this world.

Reactions: KiiWii

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest. some PS4 VR games are very cool but I don't used VR. I don't trust VR for eyes. Not good for your eyes. So no VR for me at all.

Deleted member 42501

OP
Trophies
XP
To be honest. some PS4 VR games are very cool but I don't used VR. I don't trust VR for eyes. Not good for your eyes. So no VR for me at all.

Oddly enough I used to feel the same way about 3D and totally avoided that as I felt it was "unnatural" but VR is ultimately just a calibrated screen quite close to your eyes and really you've probably spent more time peering at your phone with less distance than you realize anyway.... Either way, more VR for me!

Wipeout is amazing in PSVR. I concur fully @replicashooter :grog:

It was an awesome port of an awesome series of games anyway and for them to upgrade it to VR for free was a great gesture. Definitely a system seller as when you switch back to the regular version it feels so ho hum in comparison because when the VR grips you it makes for an altogether awesome experience. The other thing thats awesome is due to the new perspective you become a much much better pilot. I breezed through tracks I used to have difficulty on at certain points and heard New Lap Record so much I thought it was my handle as your propreoceptive awareness kicks in way more than looking at a flat screen and you gauge so many things instinctively instead of that "pressing buttons in a game" disconnect as you're literally in the pilots seat.

Only issue with playing the absolute best first is that everything else has such a high standard to match but from what I've seen there are some really unique experiences on the platform, hence the thread.

VR is going to be the next big thing for sure. Not next gen and possibly not the one after that either but when it gets to the point that headsets are just wireless goggles and controllers are pimped out Power Gloves then people will look back at the Non Immersive days like we do at 8 Bit as it will all seem so primitive in comparison.

If you haven't tried it yet I'd recommend it and this is coming from someone who was expecting Virtuality 2.0:

virtuality-1000-cs-329x500.jpg

From the 90s with some extra bells and whistles but its far beyond that. When perfected I'm expecting they'll add in this kind of tracking tech:

Which will add to the immersion that much more. Of course 90% of people who use it in the future will do so purely to wear out the groinal attachment due to decades of wearing Fedoras...

Reactions: KiiWii

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oddly enough I used to feel the same way about 3D and totally avoided that as I felt it was "unnatural" but VR is ultimately just a calibrated screen quite close to your eyes and really you've probably spent more time peering at your phone with less distance than you realize anyway.... Either way, more VR for me!

It was an awesome port of an awesome series of games anyway and for them to upgrade it to VR for free was a great gesture. Definitely a system seller as when you switch back to the regular version it feels so ho hum in comparison because when the VR grips you it makes for an altogether awesome experience. The other thing thats awesome is due to the new perspective you become a much much better pilot. I breezed through tracks I used to have difficulty on at certain points and heard New Lap Record so much I thought it was my handle as your propreoceptive awareness kicks in way more than looking at a flat screen and you gauge so many things instinctively instead of that "pressing buttons in a game" disconnect as you're literally in the pilots seat.

Only issue with playing the absolute best first is that everything else has such a high standard to match but from what I've seen there are some really unique experiences on the platform, hence the thread.

VR is going to be the next big thing for sure. Not next gen and possibly not the one after that either but when it gets to the point that headsets are just wireless goggles and controllers are pimped out Power Gloves then people will look back at the Non Immersive days like we do at 8 Bit as it will all seem so primitive in comparison.

If you haven't tried it yet I'd recommend it and this is coming from someone who was expecting Virtuality 2.0:

virtuality-1000-cs-329x500.jpg

From the 90s with some extra bells and whistles but its far beyond that. When perfected I'm expecting they'll add in this kind of tracking tech:

Which will add to the immersion that much more. Of course 90% of people who use it in the future will do so purely to wear out the groinal attachment due to decades of wearing Fedoras...

Indeed. And those looks fun, thought.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.