And once again Sony screws over the GO Owners

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by dgwillia, Feb 20, 2010.

Feb 20, 2010
  1. dgwillia
    OP

Member dgwillia The Bacon Lover

United States
    "Hi everyone! For those of you who still have yet to pick up your very own PSPgo system, there’s no better time than now. As most of you already know, PSPgo is the first all-digital, full-game handheld entertainment system on the market to date. Since its launch last October, we’ve seen a tremendous response to the newest member of the PSP family. If you’re ready to take the next step in portable entertainment, you’re in luck!

For a limited time, we’re offering an incredible value to all of you PSP newbies. Now through Sunday, March 21, 2010, U.S. and Canadian consumers who purchase a new PSPgo system can download one of our top PSP titles from the PlayStation Store at no additional cost. How you ask? In short, this limited-time offer combines the PSPgo system with a PSPgo In-game Promotion Code, which entitles you to a digital download of either LittleBigPlanet (PSP) or Assassin’s Creed: Bloodlines.

The PSPgo In-game Promotion Code redemption process is simple:

* You must purchase a new PSPgo unit between Thursday, February 18, 2010 and Sunday, March 21, 2010.
    * To redeem code, you must create a PlayStation Network account or login to your existing account directly from your PSPgo system.
    * SCEA will then e-mail a code (using the email associated with one’s PSN account), which is good for one qualifying PlayStation Network account to download the game for the PSPgo system, via the PlayStation Store.
    * All in-game promotion codes must be redeemed by March 31, 2010.

With more than 300 downloadable games, and more than 2,700 movies and 17,000 TV episodes available on the PlayStation Network (video download service available to U.S. residents only), PSPgo is the ultimate handheld entertainment system designed for the digital lifestyle. Again, the PSPgo In-game Promotion Code will only be available for a short while so be sure you take advantage of this limited offer soon. As always, we look forward to hearing your feedback. Enjoy!"

Directly from thier Twitter page >_>. Feels like a giant middle finger to us who brought GO's right when they came out. Sent them a steaming email. Now i officially dont feel bad in the least for pirating thier games

2. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    Huh, I never got a Go before. I feel the slightest urge to get one... no, never mind. I hate the thought process that went to the Go, and I am more than happy to play my hacked PSP 1000 (Very first model).

3. dgwillia
    OP

United States
    Well, i only paid half for mine (Birthday present), but im still pissed about all the lies they have been making about it >_>. The the crappy 4+ weeks of updates in a row. Not to mention 50%+ of the library is overpriced to hell.

4. Duero

Newcomer Duero Advanced Member

Taiwan
    Im happy with my psp 2000 cuz I don´t wanna buy the same game 2 times I paid like 69dollar for MHFU when it came out here in Sweden and they wan´t me to pay for it agine.

What I say is that Sony can take there psp go and stick it up there as.

5. neveras

Member neveras GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Do you get mad everytime prices drop? Or deals happen? Because that's all it is, it's not "A middle finger to anyone who purchased it early"
    It's an incentive for people to buy their failing product.

6. dgwillia
    OP

United States
    No, its not that, iv brought plenty of consoles early and havent cared about price-drops or anything.

Im mad because Sony has been practically scamming every GO owner since December-ish. They claimed most UMD games would end up on PSN, we barely have a quarter of the collection, and most of the ones we do are still at the MSRP they would have been back when they first came out. And the fact they have been giving horrible updates for the past 2 months. (Best update was 2 weeks ago when we got 2 great new games that were fairly cheap, along with a good price drop, aside from that, we have been getting crappy PS1 titles, expensive re-releases, and DLC)

Hell, even the deal they had in Europe (Where you had to download some theme, and you get a Code to download 2 free PSP games), worked for existing users. This was just a sleezy move.

7. Cermage

Member Cermage GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    "Since its launch last October, we’ve seen a tremendous response to the newest member of the PSP family."

are we talking about the same handheld?

8. dgwillia
    OP

United States
    Doubt it, unless they live in some bizarro world

9. GreatZimkogway

Member GreatZimkogway Touhou Fanatic

United States
    Yeah, I rofl'd at this as well...

10. I2aven's_Sag

Member I2aven's_Sag GBATemp Otaku

United States
    The pspGo is huge fail...I'd rather just save money for the next-gen handheld then sit on it for a few years, and come back a few years later...still playing PSP-1000 and PS1 games [​IMG]

11. Raika

Member Raika uguu

Antarctica
    I can't believe that people actually bought this piece of crap.

12. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    The thing is Go owners who are relatively console experienced have no excuses...everyone said that the Go was going to be terrible months before it launched and that Sony had no record of being halfway decent at managing it's current console lineup. And surprise surprise everyone was right and the Go and it's PSN reliance is terrible.

You only have yourself (or your optimism) to blame if you're unhappy with your purchase because the warnings were swamping every Go topic....Sony haven't changed, and it's unlikely the Go will be a console that improves.

13. ragingchaosgod

Member ragingchaosgod JUBILEUS QAAL OVOF VOMSARG

Philippines
    Well... they DID leave out the fact it was a tremendously HORRIBLE response....

14. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    Its not them screwing over owners, its them trying to save their sorry asses. We have had a similar offer in Europe since the release (we have had a MUCH better deal out of it than Americans) but yes the PSP Go is completely fail and you fail for owning one.

Don't get angry when newer offers come out and you go "WHy wasn't that a luanch offer?!?!?!" because its like complaining about a price drop or new bundle. Though this offer is odd as its a limited time thing..I'd have thought they'd run it for more than a month.

15. ohoni

Newcomer ohoni Advanced Member

United States
    Sony's marketing department has never operated out of the same reality that the rest of us live in. Probably somewhere inside the Megadodo Publications main office.

16. ut2k4master

Member ut2k4master Lord Tourettes

Germany
    got my psp go on day 1 here in europe and im happy with it. i never owned a psp before so that may be it but yeah xD what the eye does not see, the heart does not grieve over. got 5 free games since the launch and i think thats a pretty good deal, at least for me.

but yes i think this should be open to all (us-) psp go owners and not just the ones that bought their psps around these days

17. Jamstruth

United Kingdom
    Uhm...no it shouldn't. It doesn't make good business sense. Its not screwing over you, ut2k4master, because you already have 5 free games. Sony are doing this to entice people to buying their failing platform, those who bought it before these offers would never be included that's why its called an offer. Its like you're complaining because a new bundle came out and you already had one.

18. ut2k4master

Germany
    im not complaining at all [​IMG]
    i only have a european psn account and i just said that for the US psp go owners. they should have something like we got here

19. Jamstruth

United Kingdom
    I agree they should have gotten it. It just sounded like you were saying that all current PSP Go owners should get the offer they are doing even though they have bought the console already.

This offer is slightly different to the EU offer anyway/. The EU offer was only available to those who already owned a PSP and were upgrading to a Go whereas this looks to be for all new buyers.

20. ut2k4master

Germany
    you could get 3 of the 5 games when you (or a friend) owned a psp before. you got the other 2 games by downloading a theme in a certain period of time without owning an old psp or without buying the psp go in that time.