And my DSi XL got itself burned... -in thankfully..

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by weltall_of_id, Mar 8, 2011.

1. weltall_of_id
    OP

Newcomer weltall_of_id Advanced Member

Greece
    Yeah well I did not know up until today that XL does not like to stay paused for long amounts of times. I decided to try pokemon today and I did but suddenly I wanted to look into my older pokemon save file with my old ds and forgot the xl open. If at least M3i zero would support stand by mode I am sure everything would be better. But pokemon remained there on BURNING my screen. So yeah now I have a found a wild pokemon dialogue on my top screen burnt there >>

I am grateful to my experience of the past with psp getting stuck pixels and i looked up for the same green blue red fix which was mentioned that it fixes the problem. For now I finally cant see the dialogue when i go in the menu to fix time. Only when I reset the DSi i can see it for some seconds. I am of course hoping the blinking screen fix will not make it worse. It has been running for almost an hour now and i am so happy i do not see that i encountered a pokemon >> And I am glad I will not have to travel a couple of hours with 3 different busses to reach the service here in Greece (or send it with courier and pay for it)

I want to ask. Does using the pixel unstucker tool has a chance to kill a screen? Will they replace the screens with better ones if I will take it to them or ever xl has that problem for ever? (like every psp MUST have a dead pixel). And is there any way to fix the blinking screen when i try to put my DSi in standby mode? (M3i Zero and a transcend microSD 8gb speed 6). I do not know if its power but even if i have it on charger it will blink. If having it on charger would solve this I would totally always plug it in before putting it aside for a bit or when trying to play when sleepy >> but nope.. no luck for me there.

2. The Composer

Member The Composer GBAtemp Regular

Chile
    I cant help you, but I dont want the topic to die, so I will ask you something:

The screen burned (pixels problem) without you doing anything?

3. weltall_of_id
    OP

Greece
    No they did not really burn. Burn-in is something that TV be it crts ot tfts had since the beginning. Its when you leave the image still on a monitor of any time the image that is shown gets burned on it (like imprinted) and when you switch to something else you can still see the image on the screen like a shadow. dead and stuck pixels are different.

And yes I left pokemon on a still screen for like 2 hours or maybe more and when i tried to continue there was a burned picture which thankfully thanks to the blinking blue-red-green images got fixed.

Its just weird for a lcd to get burned in, in a couple of hours. If this happened in couple of hours I guess leaving it for much longer would really kill the screen.

4. nintendoom

Member nintendoom Nintendoom

Antarctica
    AFAIK, theres a homebrew created for the DS(ixl?) which makes the screen blink

5. Snailface

Member Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Antarctica
    Don't worry about the burn in, it'll go away on it's own after about 5 hours of gameplay. Been there myself. [​IMG]

6. weltall_of_id
    OP

Greece
    Oh its nice to know it goes away ^^;;; Still I was worried because burn ins can be lethal at least on normal lcds ^^;;; I really need to find a way to put dsixl on standby >

7. Cartmanuk

Member Cartmanuk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
  8. weltall_of_id
    OP

Greece
    This may work for the lower screen but i had it on the upper. Unlike the lower the cover is hard and the edges would not squeeze. Still the pixel unstucer tool worked like a charm. No more shadow [​IMG]

9. Qtis

Member Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Antarctica
    Even though you got the thing fixed, Spinal has made a Ghostbuster tool which also helps with the problem. Link to it here.

-Qtis

10. weltall_of_id
    OP

Greece
    Thank you so much Qtis! I was looking for something. Your great [​IMG] Thanks a bunch!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok as it seems the shadow is normal. I played a bit more and was leaving it there for moments and as it seems no matter how little you leave it it gets a shadow. Although its only visible now at the moments you soft reset and the screen flashes. And no it was not the same shadow I had from the letters. It just seems that it passively loves to get a burn-in tan.