• Start date
  • Views 1,796
  • Replies 19
C

croagunk.master

OP
13350-xbox-360.jpg
QUOTE said:
The video game industry was hit quite hard by slow sales in January, and Nintendo and Sony might have felt the biggest impact of that, one analyst says.

Wedbush analyst Michael Pachter estimates that Microsoft sold 380,000 Xbox 360 units in January, besting the rest of the market and rising 14 percent over its January 2010 sales. Pachter said he believes Nintendo tallied 320,000 unit sales in January, down 31 percent year over year. Sony once again came in third place in Pachter's January estimate with 240,000 PlayStation 3 units sold on the month. That figure is down 13 percent compared to January 2010.
icon11.gif
Source

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well everyone's got a wii
tongue.gif
It's to be expected after doing so well. Sadly the unique selling point has made it to other consoles. However those sales are still good. It's not like its hardly selling.

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
360 dominating. (WTF?)

Wii still doing quite well.

PS3 is done in the West.

And isn't Pacther the guy who said the NGP (PSP2) would be dead or arrival? He used to be such a Sony booster. Like a cheerleader. I still remember his "PS3 to sell a billion units" claims. He's always good for a larrff.

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
SPH73 said:
360 dominating. (WTF?)

Wii still doing quite well.

PS3 is done in the West.

And isn't Pacther the guy who said the NGP (PSP2) would be dead or arrival? He used to be such a Sony booster. Like a cheerleader. I still remember his "PS3 to sell a billion units" claims. He's always good for a larrff.

Slightly agree there, it's hilarious though to see that the PS3 is trailing only be 3 million units now. I'm assuming that they thought the Move would've changed that but without a killer ad campaign or launch line up it failed in doing so...roll on Uncharted 3?

C

croagunk.master

OP
Bladexdsl said:
you believe anything Pachter says? his the biggest fucktard gfx whore on the planet!
rofl2.gif

I don't believe him, I posted this because.....I really don't know why.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
croagunk.master said:
Bladexdsl said:
you believe anything Pachter says? his the biggest fucktard gfx whore on the planet!
rofl2.gif

I don't believe him, I posted this because.....I really don't know why.

Because it's news and properly sourced?

Don't be ashamed for posting news. News is news, it's not like you're the one making it. It is what it is.

And Patcher's kinda become a laughing stock of the gaming community. He just makes these drastic predictions to get into headlines. Odds are he'll go "I TOLD YOU SO!" when one of his oddball predictions randomly comes true. I mean if you throw a thousand knives in the dark odds are one of them will hit a bullseye.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
It's Pachter. Anything that comes from his mouth is either complete bullshit guesswork, or absolute common sense. In this case, it's the latter. I think by this time, everyone knows that the Xbox 360 will outsell the Wii, and the PS3 still trails the former two, in the market of North America.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
Nintendo is really getting hit hard, huh?

They're just kinda at the down end right now. They haven't really bothered pushing the DS and are just waiting for the 3DS to launch and pick up the pace and there's nothing really noteworthy for the Wii coming out for a while.

They should really just start localizing some of the Japanese games they haven't bothered bringing over yet for a quick buck (Zangeki no Reginleiv, Captain Rainbow, etc). More info on Skyward Sword and that new Kirby game would help too.

darkreaperofdrea

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
not to sound fanboy-ish at all,but this is better than seeing the Wii as the most selling videogame console,and Xbox 360 is cheaper than a PS3,so it's comprehensive why it's selling more than the other 2(that without mentioning Kinect)

leeday100196

GBAtemp's Official Infernape™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
now my turn to troll! PS3 is better but it costs more because of the blu-ray player, and it's highly underrated by the gaming community because such a high percent plays xbox 360. Thats why its sales are down, not because it's a shitty console.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
leeday100196 said:
now my turn to troll! PS3 is better but it costs more because of the blu-ray player, and it's highly underrated by the gaming community because such a high percent plays xbox 360. Thats why its sales are down, not because it's a shitty console.
That's an opinion. Don't be a troll just because someone made you mad.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe Wii sells are down because more then likely everyone owns a Wii.
They're cheap and affordable. Kinect could also be something that parents buy for
kids so 360 sells might be up from that alone.
mellow.gif
Idk that's just what I think though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps3 really has no titles worth going online
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    what is nps?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, what about GTA v onl... O Yea the PS3 versión got discontinued
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I feel like the world's cheapest pc build can play gtaV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In modern standards
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy +2