Analogue Pocket pre-orders open next month

analogue pocket.jpg

Analogue's revival of the GameBoy through its own hardware is happening soon. The company announced today the date when pre-orders go live as well as additional details. If you haven't heard of the Analogue Pocket, know that it is a handheld that plays Game Boy, Game Boy Color & Game Boy Advance cartridges. With adapters, it is also able to play game carts from other handheld systems such as the Game Gear, Neo Geo Pocket Color and Atari Lynx.

Sold separately is the Analogue Dock which supports up to 4 controllers and allows controller connection via Bluetooth, 2.4g and wired USB. (you read that right, it supports 2.4g in addition to Bluetooth).

Custom games can also be created for the Pocket with GB Studio without prior programming knowledge. Games created with GB Studio are generated in the proprietary .pocket files and are playable off the SD card. Additionally, with its Nanoloop digital audio workstation, owners of the Pocket can also create their own music.

Pre-orders open on August 3rd, with the Analogue Pocket price at $199.99 and the Analogue Dock at an additional $99.99.

:arrow: Pre-order link
:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually thought it was just a FPGA-Game Boy from the article I saw earlier.

Still, I have a PSPGo and a 3DS, and a Switch to play these portably on, not to mention the biggest Chad of them all, my PC!

Reactions: GuyInDogSuit

pikpol

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think it's a really interesting device. Especially the screen and all the modes it comes with are worth looking into.
But 199 is a bit much for a retro system I think.
If this would play original games, as in you could make new games for it, then I would seriously consider this.
Right now it is just too expensive. And they definitely won't lower the price.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think it's a really interesting device. Especially the screen and all the modes it comes with are worth looking into.
But 199 is a bit much for a retro system I think.
If this would play original games, as in you could make new games for it, then I would seriously consider this.
Right now it is just too expensive. And they definitely won't lower the price.
Actually that is one thing they advertise on the site.
We partnered with GB Studio so you can bring your game ideas to reality with zero programming knowledge needed.

GB Studio is a quick and easy to use drag and drop retro game creator for your favorite handheld video game system. It allows you to generate proprietary .pocket files with GB Studio and run them off your SD card.
So there is that.

For me, even if the price is reaaaaaally steep, especially if you factor in the $99 HDMI dock, I'm still really interested. Gonna be a week of deep contemplation for sure.

pikpol

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Actually that is one thing they advertise on the site.

So there is that.

For me, even if the price is reaaaaaally steep, especially if you factor in the $99 HDMI dock, I'm still really interested. Gonna be a week of deep contemplation for sure.
I don't want to make game boy games. I want to make original Analogue Pocket games.
GB Studio is just a Game Boy game maker. (I say just, but it is actually a nice and advanced tool for people who don't want to code, but do want to make game boy games)

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16