Analogue Pocket pre-orders open next month

analogue pocket.jpg

Analogue's revival of the GameBoy through its own hardware is happening soon. The company announced today the date when pre-orders go live as well as additional details. If you haven't heard of the Analogue Pocket, know that it is a handheld that plays Game Boy, Game Boy Color & Game Boy Advance cartridges. With adapters, it is also able to play game carts from other handheld systems such as the Game Gear, Neo Geo Pocket Color and Atari Lynx.

Sold separately is the Analogue Dock which supports up to 4 controllers and allows controller connection via Bluetooth, 2.4g and wired USB. (you read that right, it supports 2.4g in addition to Bluetooth).

Custom games can also be created for the Pocket with GB Studio without prior programming knowledge. Games created with GB Studio are generated in the proprietary .pocket files and are playable off the SD card. Additionally, with its Nanoloop digital audio workstation, owners of the Pocket can also create their own music.

Pre-orders open on August 3rd, with the Analogue Pocket price at $199.99 and the Analogue Dock at an additional $99.99.

:arrow: Pre-order link
:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Pickle_Rick

I'm a pickle Morty!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3ds does native gba? how?
AGB_FIRM (and OPEN_AGB_FIRM by extension) is running on the real GBA hardware that was present in the DS. It's not emulation or virtualization. The games are running exactly how they do on the DS Lite. It even has the GBA bios embedded in the 3DS's ARM7 core.

Last edited by Pickle_Rick,

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AGB_FIRM (and OPEN_AGB_FIRM by extension) is running on the real GBA hardware that was present in the DS. It's not emulation or virtualization. The games are running exactly how they do on the DS Lite. It even has the GBA bios embedded in the 3DS's ARM7 core.
does it mean DSi will do native GBA too

D

Deleted User

A modded 3DS can play NES SNES GBC games with the really nice official Nintendo emulators and play GBA DS 3DS games natively, so I don't think this is worth at all, seeing how a 3ds is like less than $100 right now. To be fair if you don't care about DS and 3DS games at all, and this handheld somehow has a better d-pad than the 3DS (and you are rich), then you can get this for the best retro gaming experience I guess
the 3ds' dpad is among the best i've tried, its the position what kills it for me, its not like the xbox 360s dpad, which has both bad position and is a bad dpad overall

lemonmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sold out in less then 10 minutes! GGs to whoever snagged one, I decided it's too expensive to not put too much thought into it.

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Sold out in less then 10 minutes! GGs to whoever snagged one, I decided it's too expensive to not put too much thought into it.
It didn't, it hasn't even gone up, i refreshed the page a couple of times and it went from preorders august 3rd 8am pst to out of stock in 2 seconds. No way people checked out that quick...

lemonmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It didn't, it hasn't even gone up, i refreshed the page a couple of times and it went from preorders august 3rd 8am pst to out of stock in 2 seconds. No way people checked out that quick...
It's more then possible to checkout in less then a minute with autofill ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It's more then possible to checkout in less then a minute with autofill ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It doesn't take 30 seconds for a refresh though...
I think they were just testing the waters to see how many people were actually interested and get people subscribed, so once they plan to actually release they have enough units ready.

Darklinkreturns

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pre-ordered like, right at 8:03. Preorders ran out at around 8:15. Seen lots of other order confirmations posted on Twitter and Facebook.

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I pre-ordered like, right at 8:03. Preorders ran out at around 8:15. Seen lots of other order confirmations posted on Twitter and Facebook.
Ok then what the actual hell, i refreshed and it went straight from the preorders start at... message to out of stock, i started at 7:59 and ended at 8:01...

Pickle_Rick

I'm a pickle Morty!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LUL, Elijah Wood couldn't get one in time.

does it mean DSi will do native GBA too
Probably not. Someone would have to figure out which registers to poke to get it to boot in GBA mode and then you'd have to figure out how to get it to load and save from the sd instead of a nonexistent Slot-2. Assuming it even has the GBA bios embedded in it's ARM7 core (I don't see why it wouldn't though if the 3DS has it.) It's a lot of work.

GayCoonie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I manages to snag one even with accidentally using an unsupported card at first and typoing the info on the right one the first
time

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Analogue Pocket does not play copyrighted rom files
Yeah, I'll pass. For 200 bucks, I'd expect this option.
They need to say it, they cant and/or are afraid to say otherwise and many others as well, for example how the modders of their Multiplayer mods for games (GTA SA, GTA IV, GTA V) said many times: "pirated copies are not supported" but it still works on them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end