Hacking An Unsual Issue (Package2 header can't be decrypted after boot0/boot1 downgrade from backup)

verispi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
((Solved. If you ever need to fix your boots, use the repair files mattytrog made. If it's your nand, you'll have to rebuild it with various keys. If you didn't back those up... well, you're hanging on a thread. But seeing as how prodinfo can be written to now, don't throw away your bricked Switch just yet. As long as you have RCM, there's a way. Take care!))

An unusual* issue.

It is what it says. Dumped literally every possible thing before messing with cfw, my only saving grace lol.

For context https://gbatemp.net/posts/8769547/ is, at its core, solved. This is part 2, essentially.

Injecting fusee atmosphere gives this error. LockpickRCM also mentions being unable to decrypt pkg2. I'm thinking this is what's hanging every time I try to boot or get into something besides rcm or hekate. Let's suppose it is since even a fresh atmosphere with no hekate involved refuses to boot. cfw sysnand and the other launch options all hang at the hekate-ipl splash, also.

Since the boot files were the only thing downgraded.. would matty's repair files fix this? Or should I restore all the package2 dumps so they match the downgraded boots? I don't know if that might cause unforeseen issues. Using the repair files seems a little complicated considering I can't even find a switchboot.bin and I don't want to end up using the "full-size" boot files he mentioned either because of something about keyblobs.

edit: iiiiii have the correct repair files. May I ask for help finding his modified hekate? I've been all over the github and I can only find what I'm assuming to be the source code of it, and some uf2 files? But I can't compile things, that takes 5 brain cells and I only have 3. The latest switchboot is 1.4.3 I think.

Last edited by verispi,

verispi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it only has blank boot files. but no switchboot.bin. I don't want to deviate from the guides which say to use his modded hekate and restore them with the dangerous option (no size check or something)

nvm it's literally on this site lol. and only here

anywho, let's give it a whirl..

Last edited by verispi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night