PS1/2 An otherwise perfectly good PS2 SCPH-50003, trouble with PS1 CDs

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Never been opened, still has the warranty sticker on it in fact although it looks a bit tattered. Picked it up a while ago.

Perfect order, though it has one issue I've noticed, it seems to have trouble reading PS1 CDs - though anything else works fine with no other problems. The boot process works fine when inserting a PS1 CD, and the BIOS loads for the PS1 segment afterwards and then it just seems to hang 95% of anything further.

It wasn't actually getting to that PS1 BIOS segment at all (just used to completely hang) until I ran diagnosis once and then it started to, though it doesn't get much further after that as detailed above.

CD-ROM PS2s (blue bottom) seem to work okay with no issues. The disc itself works absolutely fine in my PSone (which I'd rather not connect up, because the power lead is annoying and I don't want to have even more wires shoved behind the back of the TV, that and my TV only does RGB output on SCART-1 anyway).

Wonder if it just needs cleaning somewhere, further running of the disc diagnosis (since that actually took it... somewhere, oddly enough) or something else entirely is the problem idk... it isn't looking bad inside and everything else seems to run in perfect order.

Even GT4 (one of the few DVD9 games) has never caused problems or worn out yet the laser, and the fat models were barely able to handle dual layer discs (probably why the DVD player is on a lot of early memory cards)

Advice? I broke a 39003 trying to fix up its laser, would rather not open up too much and tamper again because this one is otherwise stable as a rock.

Hello.:)

Depending on that very variable Laser Types,ALL have 2 Screws: One for DVD and one for CD Laser Adjustement.

These Three Types are the most Common on the 500xx (a(/b/c) Models:

KHS−400C

khs-400c_1.jpg

HD7

hd7.jpg

PVR−702W

lente-laser-reemplazo-pvr-802w-laser-cabeza-para-sony-ps2-D_NQ_NP_991318-MLM32197174257_092019-Q.jpg pvr-802w.jpg

Maybe this helps you a little.

Thank you and
Good luck.:)

Reactions: GensokyoIceFairy

GensokyoIceFairy

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
nah, just need to remove myself from here before I start on random people again.

I've caused shitty drama before on many occasions that no one cares about (it was petty lmao) and I doubt things will change ever so dont bother asking further xd

Reactions: Alexander1970

rsx

USA Modchip Installer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.:)

Depending on that very variable Laser Types,ALL have 2 Screws: One for DVD and one for CD Laser Adjustement.

These Three Types are the most Common on the 500xx (a(/b/c) Models:

KHS−400C

View attachment 189975

HD7

View attachment 189976

PVR−702W

View attachment 189977 View attachment 189978

Maybe this helps you a little.

Thank you and
Good luck.:)

I know this thread has been deep-sixed but I wanted to chime in anyway: The best laser for the ps2 is the khs-400c because it's the cheapest. If the ps2 has an hd-7 installed, it can be changed first by using the lenschanger elf file to register it with the bios and then installing it. Hd-7's are expensive and somewhat hard to find. Pvr-802w is for slims.

Reactions: zfreeman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.