An oppression/glommy Moment in a Game,where you were stunned.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

I´ve read the Blog entry from @Nerdtendo and ask myself:

Moments/seconds in a Video/PC game,where I´m speechless,perplexed,gloomy and simply stunned.

Don´t be shy,iI will not tell anyone.:P

And PLEASE,moments of:

- your dog who eats your Gamecontroller
- tornados of rage generated by crashed PC/Windows
- unplugged Powercord from your Mom because she is vacuum cleaning
- an "unreadable" Monitor/TV (caused by an flying PlayStation Gamepad)

NO,none of them counts at all.:D

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
one more hit to kill the first boss in a dark souls game then all of a sudden a power cut-it must of happened to someone out ther and they hav never returned to a souls game since:lol:

Reactions: Alexander1970

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Blue screen of death in Eternal Darkness on GameCube. I must have been just the right distance from the console because it was literally just as my finger hovered over the reset button that the game started up again.

Left me kinda speechless for a second or two.

Awesome moment in gaming! I’d love a sequel to that game.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Shadow of the Colossus - PS2

On the way to the last colossus,on that long bridge.........
......then Agro died........after 100s of hours on the Best Game i´ve ever played up to this point of time......

I sat there........for a few minutes,then stand up,turn PS2 and TV off und never played it again....
Not until today.

Last edited by Alexander1970,
Reactions: DANTENDO

Robika

Trophies
XP
Country
Warcraft III Vanilla not TFT, Arthas sacrifices Muradin to frostmourne and just leaves, as a 12 year old kid I was devastated... On my way home from my friends house I was really sad for Muradin I really liked dwarves in that game.

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I beat Havel for the first time, (this was in my first few hours of playing dark souls) but didn't realize when you die concurrently you don't get the item drop upon respawning.
edit: I started my run over after that.

Last edited by Mythical,

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey that's my blog! Fiora's death, Hinawa's death, Marx betrayal (Kirby super star (I was very little)), a lot of stupid surprises from playing games when I was really little. For example, I was stuck in the first chapter of Paper Mario TTYD for the longest time. When I finally figured it out and unlocked west rogueport, my mind exploded.

Edit: that last part doesn't count because I forgot we were talking about gloomy moments but still.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started playing pillars of eternity. The game starts you off with a group of travelers and you've gotten sick. they pair you with a blonde girl named Calisca, seems kinda cool, she's helping me find some medicine for my sickness.We get into a conversation and we talk about our past and our future plans.Turns out she has a sick sister that she's on her way to visit to help her get better.
We go out on a mission for the healing berries I need then we run into trouble. Some dudes attacked us but we manage to survive. We run back to the camp to find out everyone but one guy has been murdered. He's now being held at sword point by the crazy mofos that killed the travelers. The leader is ranting about us having trespassed and that we're all going to pay. With my intellect I manage to talk him out of killing Heodan by making him think twice about his odds. Heodan sees the opportunity and gets away form the maniac and a battle ensues.
Heodan is wounded so he can't do much but me and Calisca are able to take out the bad guys. Not even a minute passes when demonic spirits start to gust through the land like a hurricane of ghosts and we have to make a run for an opening into a cavern. As we start to make our way as fast as we can one of the bad guys who was feigning death grabs Heodan. I could just let him die and go into the cavern with Calisca but I decide to help him. With my dexterity I throw a rock from far and I hit the bad guy freeing Heodan and we all make it safely into the cavern just before the ghost storm can take us with it.
Just as we started to take a deep breath Calisca notices that there may be bandits in the cavern and that we're still in danger. Heodan is badly hurt and is requesting to rest for a while before we move on. Calisca argues that we must keep going and look for another way out of the cavern. I look at Heodan and he's defenitely not going to make it if we keep going so I decide that we rest for a while. We find an empty tent and some camping supplies which came in handy. I press the camp button. 6 hours go buy and Heodan wakes up feeling a lot better and rested but Calisca is gone. Heodan looks at our things and realizes that she took the only water we had. I tell him if we hurry we could try to catch up with her.
So we make our way through the caverns and we come across an area with a lot of traps and we find Calisca laying dead in one of them. I feel a sense of loss. I really thought I'd be able to catch up to her specially since I had put a point into my character's running speed. After a moment of silence we take the weapons and supplies she was carrying and we keep searching for an exit. We encounter some spiders and monsters but nothing we can't easily handle.
At last we see the opening into the outside world. As we exit the cavern we see some necromancer looking dude in the distance next to some kind of spirit channeling machine. Then all of the sudden there's some kind of energy explosion that knocks me down and out. I hallucinate That I'm asking the necromancer something and before he answers I wake up on the ground feeling healed from what my previous ailment was but now feeling a different kind of sickness. a worse kind of sickness. Next to me lies Heodan in a pool of his own blood. My character is like "I need to find help for this new disease in the next town." He litterally could care less that heodan is dead with no rhyme or reason. I'm like wtf just happened to my friends? I had to get over Calisca quickly but at least I had Heodan. and now he's dead for no reason and my character doesn't give a shit and he's a monk!.
I tried making it to the next town but I felt so lonely and depressed. I wen't back to an earlier save to see what would happen if I had made the choice to force heodan to keep going. Well we stay together and Calisca doesn't die in a trap and turns out Hedoan is able to make it out of the cave without any rest but then they both die just outside the cave to the strange spirit storm. Why did the game take my party away from me. I'm not motivated to keep going. Anyway I just had to get this off my chest. lol

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
oh, I remembered one. heavy danganronpa 2 spoilers though.

the trial for nagito's death. I refuse to believe the result, didn't watched chiaki's punishment scene and stopped playing.
after a few days I calmed down and continued playing, but it really hurt.
I managed to later see that episode of the danganronpa 3 anime without problem though, I recover fast.

but that doesn't make it hurt less

Last edited by Sakitoshi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What GBA should I play?