An MMORPG - Yulgang

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Westside, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Westside
    OP

Westside Sogdiana

Dec 18, 2004
    Uzbekistan
    Guantanamo bay
    The English name is scions of fate, I believe. It looks kinda like Ragnarok, and I loved that game. Not paying for it until I know it's good though. Anyone here played it?

2. GameDragon

GameDragon Mugiwara RAWR!

Dec 4, 2005
    United States
    New York
    I haven't played it, but from my experience with MMORPGs, it looks like your typical Korean grinder.
    Looks alot like DOMO (Dream of Mirror Online), I don't really think its worth playing but thats just my impression.

3. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    I have not been playing MMORPGs since a rather nasty tangle with Phantasy Star online (ep1 dreamcast) and that seems to be working out for me but from what I can see it is free to play, money is made via the "premium" shop. The few reviews I could find were not overly positive but then I do not care for reviews all that often.

4. Artheido

Artheido GBAtemp Fan

Aug 31, 2007
    England
    I used to be an MMORPG freak until I found life =D This looks a lot like Holic and a few other anime-styled RPGs. Currently the best F2PMMORPG I remember was CABAL which recently got an American release (when I played there was a European and a Korean version only). FlyFF was pretty good too but not as good as CABAL. =]

5. SavageWaffle

SavageWaffle GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 13, 2008
    United States
    New York
    The character's head looks like Gunbounds character heads O_O.

6. DarkUli

DarkUli GBAtemp Regular

Mar 9, 2008
    Portugal
    I played.

I can tell you one thing, it freakin' sucks, I don't know what's the hype around it, but it does.

I couldn't stand playing it for more then 30 minutes, when I tried to start it again and give it a 2nd chance, I couldn't play for more then 10 minutes.

Y'see, the graphics are pretty good, and fit into the Korean Style of games.
    The controls are decent, a very typical MMO set-up.
    From what I remember playing this game, you create your character, and you're thrown into the game with no clue on what to do, no tutorial too, I believe.
    Quests are semi-hard to find, and nobody really enjoys helping in the game (from my experience). Also, I think the map layout isn't very good, not very informative too.

Like GameDragon said, it's pretty much your typical Korean grinder.

7. phoood

phoood taking it to a whole new level.

Jul 28, 2006
    United States
    Jewgoslavia
    iirc this game got some award from the korean government. something about being the greatest mmo.. I don;t know if it was a joke.. [​IMG]

8. Flooded

Flooded Banned

Banned
    Jan 13, 2008
    United States
    QFT

9. PlooBloo

PlooBloo GBAtemp Regular

Aug 6, 2006
    United States
    East Coast, USA
    I played when it came out awhile back. My honest opinion of this game is that it's BORING. I love RO too, but this just doesn't have the charm like RO does.

10. Moots

Moots The Incredible Sulk

Sep 19, 2007
    Canada
    Niagara Region, Ontario
    if you are looking for something different, this game just came stateside and seems interesting.

Mabinogi Kotaku info

11. Jaejae

Jaejae Superfly Don't Used

Sep 23, 2007
    New Zealand
    Auckland, New Zealand
    After having played most F2P MMOs, and now WoW, P2P games are the obvious winner, so much better.