An idea to get around Memory Card size limitions

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by replicashooter, Nov 18, 2016.

1. replicashooter
    OP

replicashooter GBAtemp Fan

Jun 16, 2006
    Now that we have an active scene and low level access to the machine I was thinking about a concept that could help us get around the Memory Card size limitations.

Would it be possible to create a plugin that emulates a folder/memory stick/storage/game card via the wifi thus allowing you to stream your games from your network sort of like an ISOladen Remote Play?

This would do away with the storage issue and given the size of the cards a 1:1 replacement that doesn't require modding/external connections is next to nil and I feel that this is something that could be developed and implemented with relative ease.

What say ye?

2. Cinnamon

Cinnamon GBAtemp Regular

May 2, 2014
    Norway
    Wifi is slow. Very slow.

3. replicashooter
    OP

replicashooter GBAtemp Fan

Jun 16, 2006
    Ah yes, I've just discovered that when transferring a PSP game across to my Vita.

Is it possible to stream the ISO as its required akin to a movie where you only download the first few chunks of data and it progresses as you require?

4. Cinnamon

Cinnamon GBAtemp Regular

May 2, 2014
    Norway
    I'm sure the Vita utilizes random accessing quite a lot due to it using flash memory only. Someone has to write a driver that takes this into account etc. It's possibly doable, but I'm not sure how many people have the skills/time to do it in the foreseeable future.