Hacking An idea i had with the wii and triforce arcade machine

kenshen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey now i know your probably wondering why i put those two things in the same sentence and i know this is probably a stupid idea but i wanted to play f zero ax and i know mame cant emulate that so doing some research i found that this system is basically a stock game cube board with a different bios so i was wondering considering that the wii plays game cube games could we just modify that part of the system to play triforce games?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That is possible, but only for mario kart gp1 and gp2, see the dml topics for more. Theoretically its possible to play f-zero ax too but thats not patched (yet) ;)

kenshen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well what about sneek? i mean that takes the core of a wii and makes a second wii why cant we reboot the wii into a triforce arcade or use a modified dml?

kenshen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i thought so but can i at least hear why not and what would be required i mean if i have to flash the cpu chip i have a spare gc laying around.

SteveBrule

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is possible, but only for mario kart gp1 and gp2, see the dml topics for more. Theoretically its possible to play f-zero ax too but thats not patched (yet) ;)

F-Zero AX works in the leaked triforce loader, the fzero patches were already implemented

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's not released yet, I'll also close the topic for now to stop people from posting trash, if it gets released you can pm me to open it up again.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well... If it were possible, someone could edit the source or we could just wait and hope for the best when DM comes out.

"Apparently"... The AX courses are available on F-Zero GX, but I think they need to be unlocked though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Last time I played a game was hmmm... can't exactly recall. :wacko:
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn...