An EZ Flash V review

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by zatelli, Dec 29, 2006.

1. zatelli
    OP

zatelli GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 27, 2003
    France
    Always on the move...
    I was checking their site when I came across this review, which I though should help you guys decide whether or not to fetch this card.
    Since it's worth about a page, I'll just post the external link to the review:

EZ-Flash V review

This review settles a few things down, as till now there's no such a card that can truly claim 100% compatibility. Can the EZ-flash V achieve such a commitment?
    From the review I read, I can't tell. Maybe somebody who's ordered the card might tell us [​IMG]

I've read the review & summarized the card's main strenghts & weaknesses

Pros: -Does not necessarly need patching to play.
    -Card is supposed to work at full speed no matter what microSD chip you may use.
    -Works as a passme for slot-2 cards. (hold the R shoulder at boot then press L at the next menu.
    -EZ-Flash V is yet to support FAT based hombrew, as fatlib has just been released.
    -Side loading microSD: nobody knows you're using a flashcard from the look of it. [​IMG] + you're sure not to push /release the microSD by mistake & possibly lose it. (better safe than sorry).

Cons:-Does not come with a microSD reader.
    -Not 100% compatible as EZ-flash team claims. (TH sk8tland slows down a bit in clean mode , maybe other untested games might suffer from other issues aswell.
    -Some patched (hybrid) games won't boot (ultimate spiderman, THDJ, Poke Dash)

Notes: -The firmware is updatable in the same way as the G6 Lite does : copy the update to the card, then boot the DS while holding the R shoulder. You'll eventually be presented with 3 options: passme, update and entering the loader.
    -It looks like there are some issues with hybrid mode (some games would either freeze or not boot), while clean mode seems to be promising (some glitches & slowdowns) .
    -We can't judge homebrew compatibility yet, as the card has just been released. We should wait a bit until hombrewers include EZ-Flash V's flatlib into their apps/games.
    -For those who care, download play compatibility is unknown yet, as it's uncovered by this review.

2. Athlon-pv

Athlon-pv GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 25, 2005
    United States
    From the same review :

Btw cracker is busy playing atm [​IMG].

3. Slade.AU

Slade.AU GBAtemp Regular

May 23, 2006
    I tested this out. Go look on the Sosuke forums and you'll see how I fared with that.

4. ooh44

ooh44 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2005
    Thailand
    Which slot-2 you use?
    Can you really use as pass me?

I tested the PassMe Function with SuperCard Rumble & G6, it won't work. got a blank screen

5. bobmcbob

bobmcbob Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2003
    Antarctica
    the passme func works with my ezflash128 gba flash card. The supercard does odd things so specific support is needed.

6. wymore

wymore Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2006
    I have a DS-Xtreme, and I was wondering if the EZV recognizes DS-X save files or if there is a program to convert.

7. Hooya

Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 25, 2006
    United States
    Central Illinois
    I believe it uses Raw save files. If the DS-X does too, you're set!

8. wymore

wymore Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2006
    I believe the DS-X compresses the save files.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice