An EZ Flash V review

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by zatelli, Dec 29, 2006.

Dec 29, 2006

An EZ Flash V review by zatelli at 3:29 PM (1,803 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. zatelli
    OP

Member zatelli GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    I was checking their site when I came across this review, which I though should help you guys decide whether or not to fetch this card.
    Since it's worth about a page, I'll just post the external link to the review:

EZ-Flash V review

This review settles a few things down, as till now there's no such a card that can truly claim 100% compatibility. Can the EZ-flash V achieve such a commitment?
    From the review I read, I can't tell. Maybe somebody who's ordered the card might tell us [​IMG]

I've read the review & summarized the card's main strenghts & weaknesses

Pros: -Does not necessarly need patching to play.
    -Card is supposed to work at full speed no matter what microSD chip you may use.
    -Works as a passme for slot-2 cards. (hold the R shoulder at boot then press L at the next menu.
    -EZ-Flash V is yet to support FAT based hombrew, as fatlib has just been released.
    -Side loading microSD: nobody knows you're using a flashcard from the look of it. [​IMG] + you're sure not to push /release the microSD by mistake & possibly lose it. (better safe than sorry).

Cons:-Does not come with a microSD reader.
    -Not 100% compatible as EZ-flash team claims. (TH sk8tland slows down a bit in clean mode , maybe other untested games might suffer from other issues aswell.
    -Some patched (hybrid) games won't boot (ultimate spiderman, THDJ, Poke Dash)

Notes: -The firmware is updatable in the same way as the G6 Lite does : copy the update to the card, then boot the DS while holding the R shoulder. You'll eventually be presented with 3 options: passme, update and entering the loader.
    -It looks like there are some issues with hybrid mode (some games would either freeze or not boot), while clean mode seems to be promising (some glitches & slowdowns) .
    -We can't judge homebrew compatibility yet, as the card has just been released. We should wait a bit until hombrewers include EZ-Flash V's flatlib into their apps/games.
    -For those who care, download play compatibility is unknown yet, as it's uncovered by this review.

2. Athlon-pv

Member Athlon-pv GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    From the same review :

Btw cracker is busy playing atm [​IMG].

3. Slade.AU

Member Slade.AU GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I tested this out. Go look on the Sosuke forums and you'll see how I fared with that.

4. ooh44

Newcomer ooh44 Advanced Member

Thailand
    Which slot-2 you use?
    Can you really use as pass me?

I tested the PassMe Function with SuperCard Rumble & G6, it won't work. got a blank screen

5. bobmcbob

Newcomer bobmcbob Member

the passme func works with my ezflash128 gba flash card. The supercard does odd things so specific support is needed.

6. wymore

Newcomer wymore Newbie

I have a DS-Xtreme, and I was wondering if the EZV recognizes DS-X save files or if there is a program to convert.

7. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I believe it uses Raw save files. If the DS-X does too, you're set!

8. wymore

Newcomer wymore Newbie

I believe the DS-X compresses the save files.