An exception occurred (undefined instruction) while trying to open a game.

BigChickenMan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi all,

I recently installed homebrew onto my New 3DS XL, and have had no problems with any games except for Monster Hunter Stories. I installed a European CIA (my 3DS region is Australia) and used Luma Locale Switcher to change the region to Australia. I did the same with .cia versions of the most recent update and the DLC. I've done the same thing for many other games, including Pokemon X, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, Super Smash Bros, and Mario Kart 7 to name a few. Unfortunately, I get this error only when trying to open Monster Hunter Stories. Help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I've also tried uninstalling both the DLC and the update, which seems to have had no effect.

Edit 2: I forgot to mention, I previously installed a Japanese .cia file of the game, and that worked, however, Luma Locale Switcher was not able to change the language or the region for some reason.

FINAL EDIT: The problem itself was not resolved, but I was able to find a different .cia file that worked. It's slightly outdated, but it's better than nothing. Thanks to @CoolMe for helping :)

Last edited by BigChickenMan,

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I recently installed homebrew onto my New 3DS XL, and have had no problems with any games except for Monster Hunter Stories. I installed a European CIA (my 3DS region is Australia) and used Luma Locale Switcher to change the region to Australia. I did the same with .cia versions of the most recent update and the DLC. I've done the same thing for many other games, including Pokemon X, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, Super Smash Bros, and Mario Kart 7 to name a few. Unfortunately, I get this error only when trying to open Monster Hunter Stories. Help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I've also tried uninstalling both the DLC and the update, which seems to have had no effect.
Arm11 error? Go to FBI/Titles click on Monster Hunter Stories, then "import seed" (with Wireless Connections on).
Is it happening just with this game?
If that didn't work, i would suggest re-downloading the Cia file and trying again.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

BigChickenMan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Arm11 error? Go to FBI/Titles click on Monster Hunter Stories, then "import seed" (with Wireless Connections on).
Is it happening just with this game?
If that didn't work, i would suggest re-downloading the Cia file and trying again.
I've already tried redownloading the .cia file, even from different regions to see if that was the problem. I'll try the import seed method. Thanks for your help, I'll let you know if that works.

Edit: Also, yes, it's only happening with this game, as I mentioned in this post.

BigChickenMan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Unfortunately, importing the seed did not fix the ARM11 error. I previously had a Japanese .cia that worked, I'll add that to the original post.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay