Hacking ¨An Exception Has Occurred¨ on HB Launcher CFW

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, Iv´e just installed LumaCFW on my Old 2ds and am finding that the Homebrew Launcher that I installed is not booting up correctly. Whenever I try, it says an exception has occurred and it force shuts down. I can still access the HB launcher by using 3DS Download Play and am wondering if that might have something to do with it. Can I restore 3DS Download Play? Will this make the Homebrew Launcher accessible again? Please help!

Reactions: SimonThe3rd

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1st if all, try to refrain from making a second thread when your 1st one is still on the main page. Secondly, uninstall the hbl CIA, it could get you banned. Use DS download play from now on. 3rd, download play will become download play when you reboot the 3ds. Lastly, you won't get banned as long as you load all your Homebrew through Rosalina. Playing games online and updating is also safe, as well as using freeshop.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then what about fbi and all the other cias?
Most of them have .3dsx files that can be launched through Rosalina instead of installing them to the home menu. It is not known if it is unsafe to use these, but people have been safe if they only use the rosalina versions.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So, Iv´e just installed LumaCFW on my Old 2ds and am finding that the Homebrew Launcher that I installed is not booting up correctly. Whenever I try, it says an exception has occurred and it force shuts down. I can still access the HB launcher by using 3DS Download Play and am wondering if that might have something to do with it. Can I restore 3DS Download Play? Will this make the Homebrew Launcher accessible again? Please help!
Are you using this version of the HBL .3dsx? The old one won't work with Luma: https://github.com/fincs/new-hbmenu/releases

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had another question... is there possibly something that could add built-in Amibo support to Old 3dss?

Also, if I get a game from Freeshop and it asks me to update it, will doing so possibly alert Nintendo of the game?

Reactions: SimonThe3rd

Craftyawesome

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had another question... is there possibly something that could add built-in Amibo support to Old 3dss?

Also, if I get a game from Freeshop and it asks me to update it, will doing so possibly alert Nintendo of the game?
Amiibo support for o3ds is only possible with nintendo's external nfc reader/writer. You could also try NoAmii, but it doesn't work too well.

You can already download updates to games you don't own, so that should be fine.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Oka. Thanks. Also, is there anything I can get that will allow me to get every HOME menu theme for free?
FreeShop has them but you have to download every single theme at once and home menu will ask you to delete themes until you have 100 or less so it's kind of a pain. Themely or the other one (can't remember the name) is a much better way to manage themes and you can have as many as you want.

Should be safe but if you want to be sure they aren't tracking you update the game from FreeShop instead.
Okay, thanks. Sorry, I'm a huge noob at this still.

I think it might be outdated and it might be because there are two ports. I'll update when I get home from school today.
I wouldn't actually recommend using hblauncher_loader. Nintendo can see what you're running when you're online so the Download Play method is much safer. Using CIA homebrew and VC injects while online is also not recommended. FBI and FreeShop are available as .3dsx.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...